1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mesa Bass Prodigy Four:88 with footswitch

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by nutdog, Feb 12, 2016.

1. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    Price:
    Part of the 'buy my sweet 16 daughter a car' selloff. I love this amp but life calls.

$1200 shipped/insured/paypal/conus (sold $1150 shipped)

Original purchase October 2013, I'm the second owner. It has had power and standby switches replaced and recently went back to Mesa for service. According to Rich it was a noisy resistor and they updated some other stuff while they had it. So it's ready to rock and will ship in factory box. Warranty in effect until 10/2018.

IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3259.JPG
    IMG_3263.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    ShaneF, atrapp and Furious_Man77 like this.
  2. Cowpunk

Cowpunk

Nov 2, 2015
    Omaha
    PM sent

3. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I'm astounded that this is still available at this great price. I paid full price for mine in November and it's the best amp I've owned in 26 years of playing. I suspect I'll be playing my 4:88 for many years to come. GLWTS! Someone buy this amazing tube amp!

nutdog likes this.
  4. ShaneF

ShaneF

Oct 15, 2015
    Thinking about picking this up! Not feeling my SVT anymore. How is this amp in the mids department? It seems that the voice control scoops mids in every position except 3 (flat) and the mid control is also passive while the Bass + Treble are active. Just looking to keep my grindy P bass tone and cut through the mix in a smaller package :bassist:

5. nutdog

nutdog when I'm a good dog they sometimes throw me a bone Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2009
    in the dog house
    To my ears it's not lacking in mids at all. I have seen others post differently. Live with my original trio (absurdly loud guitarist using 100watt tube amp and effects) into 2 12's it has no problem being heard in the venues we are playing that don't have FOH (80-300 people). I find voice 3 to work well when loud and 1 when practicing at home. For the most part eq is at 12 o'clock with gain 11-1. Master rarely if ever needs to go past 1.

Selling this is purely a financial decision. It feels so good when playing it.

ShaneF likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021