1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

For Sale Mesa Boogie Bass 400+

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by timv, Jan 13, 2018.

1. timv

timv

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    Price:
    I bought this used a couple years ago. I used it a few times with the band but have figured out an SVT just works better for the style I play. I need to pay some bills so any extra equipment is being sold. It is in good condition and everything works great. The tubes are Sovtek 6L6WXT's and are in good shape.
    IMG_9993.JPG IMG_9981.JPG IMG_9982.JPG IMG_9983.JPG IMG_9984.JPG IMG_9990.JPG IMG_9991.JPG IMG_9992.JPG IMG_9993.JPG IMG_9994.JPG IMG_9993.JPG
    Asking $950 plus $60 shipping in the 48 states.

No band sounds better than its bass player.

Bass is the lynch pin between rhythm and melody …a big responsibility. The essential ingredients of great bass tone are Pitch, Punch and Power. Pitch, so the frequency of the note is identifiable and accurate, not the flubby rumble often heard. Punch, so the attack of each note is a precise event in time. And Power to deliver these two with authority and headroom …and to disembowel the first five rows!

Artists often call to rave about the Bass 400+™ after switching from bi- or tri- amped rigs of up to a thousand watts—exclaiming the joy of stepping forward in the mix, even to the point of leading the band. String definition so articulate that the rhythm section locks together to become one machine of unstoppable momentum.

Traditional style rotary tone controls, which shape the Bass 400’s all-tube character are fed from dual Inputs, one for modern active basses and the other for classic passive instruments. Each of these has its own separate tube input stage and volume control. A seven-band Graphic Equalizer further details the amp’s inherent musicality, making subtle or radical tonal changes possible and footswitchable.

No less than twelve fan-cooled 6L6 output tubes deliver 500 watts of transient power peaks with cool reliability. And this is no dirty dozen: this is a four-rack, twelve-pack of pure mean punch. You’ll be happy to know that tube life is commonly reported to range from three to five years, and often longer.

Other features include a 600 ohm XLR Balanced Out, Slave Out, blendable FX Loop with dual patch points front and rear, and a three-way switch for fan speed.

This thoroughbred stud has been a mainstay in the Boogie® Stable for over two decades and remains a classic in its own time…for good reason: Great tone and musical power never go out of style.

FEATURES
    • Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
    • 500 Watts @ 2Ohms, All Tube, Class A/B Power / 12x6L6, 4x12AX7
    • Fixed Bias
    • Two Inputs w/Independent Pull Bright Volume Controls, (1=Active, 2=Passive)
    • Pull Shift Bass & Treble Controls (Standard Mid Control)
    • Assignable 7 Band Graphic EQ
    • Dual Patch Point FX Loop (Front & Back) w/Blend Control
    • 600 Ohm XLR Balanced Out
    • Slave Out w/Level Control
    • 3-Speed Fan Cooled (Off, Low & High)
    • FORMAT Available:
      4 Rack Spaces

2. ducatidoc

ducatidoc

Mar 2, 2013
    I happen to own one of these, and I can say I'll never let it go, unless I get so broke I'm down to eating eating mice. If I lost it due to to some disaster, I'd be looking for another one. GLWS. (the Sovteks are a nice touch :thumbsup:)

timv likes this.
  3. timv

timv

Jun 7, 2000
    Chandler, AZ
    Slight price drop.