1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Mesa Boogie Strategy 8:88: Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by s_wood, Aug 6, 2019.

1. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price:
    $2000
    Here's a chance to get you hands on one of the most versatile and powerful tube amps ever made: the Mesa Boogie Strategy 8:88. 465 honest watts at full power at 2, 4 or 8 ohms. Legendary tone and power, but sadly no longer in production.

mbstrategyfront.

• Full/half/low power switch (465-watt, 250-watt, 125-watt)
    • Normal and vintage inputs give you a stylistic choice of voicings
    • 5 position voicing control allows for quick but musical tone changes
    • Footswitchable, assignable, or bypassable 9-band graphic EQ (Strategy footswitch optional and NOT included with this sale)
    • Footswitchable solo level control
    • 2 tuner outputs (back panel, footswitch) with footswitchable amp mute and manual play/mute switch
    • Fully buffered, footswitchable FX Loop
    • 5 combination Speakon-1/4" speaker output jacks
    • Slave out with level control; fan cooling
    • Fixed bias for consistent, maintenance-free performance
    • External switching jack for mid-voice, EQ, solo, tuner mute, and FX loop
    • 49 lbs.
    I am the second owner of the amp. It was less than a year old when I bought it in 2015, and since that time I've gigged with it maybe 10 times. It's in excellent condition, both physically and electronically. No real issues of any kind, except for a light scratch or 2 (see below).
    mbstrategytop.

mbstrategytop.

The only real ding is are some scratches near the top rear chassis screws. They are hard to see in the pic above, so here's a close up.
    mbstrategyscratch.

Comes with the original Mesa-Boogie soft cover.

Price is $2,000 including shipping to CONUS. No trades of any kind, thanks. PayPal preferred.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
    bassballs27, metron and mikewalker like this.
  2. nbsipics

nbsipics Very Unorthodox Behavior Gold Supporting Member

Apr 8, 2016
    If anyone is going to be distracted by a minor scratch to get this amp, they are going to have to answer to me.

Buy it. Yes. Now. :)

DrMole and s_wood like this.