1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD MTD 535: Norm Stockton Specs

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by s_wood, May 31, 2018.

1. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    Price:
    $3300
    Strings:
    This is a beautiful 2003 MTD 535 with the very desirable Norm Stockton specs:
    -Myrtle Burl top
    -Tulipwood body
    -Wenge neck and fingerboard
    -Custom knobs
    010A9625webclosefront.jpg

The wood combo gives the bass the classic MTD 535 sound. Evenly balanced, with the slight natural compression typical of a wenge neck and board that really cuts through in a mix.
    010A9616frontweb.jpg
    010A9642headweb.jpg

The bass is in excellent condition. There are a couple of dings, courtesy of a previous owner. The worst is at the tip of the lower body bout. There are couple of scratches on the face of the lower bout. All are pictured here below.
    010A9653dingweb.jpg

Other than that, it's very clean, especially for a 15 year-old bass that sounds way to good to be a case queen.

010A9622closebackweb.jpg 010A9632closeknobsweb.jpg

Price is $3,300, including shipping to CONUS. No trades of any kind, thanks.
    International sales are cool with me, so lon as you agree to pay additional shipping/import fees or duty/VAT, etc. costs. You must also agree to assume any risk related to the enforcement of the CITES treaty by your country, though there are no CITES-protected materials used in this bass. Sorry.

Please feel free to ask me any questions that you might have..and thanks for looking!

moorebass, dave64o, d00dr and 5 others like this.
  2. timtyler8821

timtyler8821 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2011
    California
    I've always wanted this bass lol. Wish I had the funds available right now. Great bass, good luck, and God bless.

3. s_wood

s_wood Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Delaware (USA)
    SOLD! Thanks, folks!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021