1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Mu-Tron/Musitronics Octave Divider - original 70s, not reissue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Bass Jones, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Bass Jones

Bass Jones

Dec 19, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    Price:
    $300
    Yep, this is the one (well, not this exact one) used by Larry Graham, Bootsy, et al. I've had this for about 20 years or so. Serial #3415. Still works perfectly. I took it on a few gigs at first then got real protective of it and kept it home ever since. Usual nicks and scratches on these aluminum cases and some paint bubbling on the bottom half. Otherwise in great shape and color printing looks excellent.

Fully functional. I had been looking for a Mu-Tron III when I spotted this in a guitar shop, tried it out and immediately parted ways with my money. This is the Octave Divider, btw, not the envelope filter. Seems obvious but they do look very similar.

Sounds...well, like no other octave pedal except the reissue. Buy this and you will sound like Larry Graham AND Bootsy Collins! Ok, I lied, you'll sound like Zappa. Ok, I lied again, but you will sound cool! Someone drew little arrows showing input and output direction. I left them because they were helpful.

$300 +shipping. Or pick up in Austin, Texas.
    IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5160.JPG
    IMG_5161.JPG
    IMG_5164.JPG
    IMG_5159.JPG
    IMG_4991.JPG
    IMG_5166.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
    Bo0tsy and nbsipics like this.
  2. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Anytown USA
    Oh man that's awesome, great deal too, this won't last long.
    I used to have one right next to my old mutron III, killer combo.

GLWTS!
    Dirk

Bass Jones likes this.
  3. Bass Jones

Bass Jones

Dec 19, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    I still got it... :)

4. Bass Jones

Bass Jones

Dec 19, 2018
    Austin, Texas
    Sold. I will miss you Mu-Tron. Never thought I'd get emotional about moving a piece of gear but this thing has been with me since the beginning.