1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nordy vJ5 Classic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by GeeBass, Jan 31, 2019.

1. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Price:
    $0
    Strings:

Update: Feb 5, 2019, 4 pm
    - bass is now SOLD!

Thanks to all that have responded to the ad, and to the lucky new owner!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nordy vJ5 Classic – 70’s J-style 5-string
    Tobacco Burst finish, Ash Body/Maple Board, 34” scale, active/passive, 9.6 lbs. – in super-clean ‘like-new’ MINT condition!

70’s single-coil ‘J-Bass on steroids tone’ – with a strong focused B string! This is among the best of the Jazz-style 5-string basses I’ve ever played.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  2. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Beautiful!

These basses are all that and then some!

GLWTS.

GeeBass likes this.
  3. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    Killer

GeeBass likes this.
  4. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Thanks to 'kobass' and 'bikeplate' for the kind words of recognition. This is indeed a killer sounding & playing 70's inspired Jazz-style 5-string.
    Someone is gonna get a great deal (more than 50% off the new price), and be very pleased with this mint Nordy vJ5 Classic!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    kobass likes this.
  5. impacs

impacs Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Largo, FL
    Beautiful bass! Are you sure it isn't a 34 1/2 inch scale which a lot of these were?

GeeBass likes this.
  6. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    'impacs':

This vJ5 'Classic' model - was named 'classic' because it has a traditional Fender 34" scale - I'm absolutely certain of this.

The vJ5 'Modern' model basses were the ones that had an extended 34.5" scale. These must be what you are thinking of.

impacs and kobass like this.
  7. impacs

impacs Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Largo, FL
    I actually have a Nordy VJ5 "Classic" that has a 34 1/2 inch scale neck, soap bar pickups and a Fender Jazz style chrome control plate. I think Carey built these basses pretty much anyway that the buyers wanted.

8. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    I remember reading and taking note of the info/specs for these Nordy J-style basses on Nordstrand's website when they were being made - which is where I got the info for my statements above.

The 'Classic' model was always intended to have more 'traditional' specs, and the model name was chosen just for that reason.
    My bass is a 'Classic' vJ5, it is 100% original and unmodified, and it absolutely has a traditional 34" scale - which is the only issue that is really relevant here in my classified ad post.

Your 'Classic' may have been a special '1-off' factory order, or a previous owner may have swapped out a neck from a vJ5 'Modern' bass.
    Either scenario is possible - and if it matters, contact Carey with your serial # to see for sure which - they should have record of this. Good luck in your quest!

Now - let's get back to the business of selling my mint Nordy vJ5 Classic with original 34" scale maple neck. Someone is gonna get a fabulous deal on this killer 70's Jazz inspired 5-string!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    Cashu and kobass like this.
  9. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    Update: Feb 5, 2019, 4 pm - bass is now SOLD!

Thanks to all that have responded to the ad, and to the lucky new owner!

kobass likes this.
  10. tvbird

tvbird

Oct 4, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Oh Crap!!! I sold this bass to the previous owner and have been trying to track it down. If the new owner wants to sell it or it falls through, please let me know!

GeeBass likes this.
  11. GeeBass

Jul 14, 2004
    North/Central NJ
    tvbird: I've told new owner to send you a PM offering you first dibs, if he ever does decide to sell the Nordy.

12. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Hi! What was the asking price - I see a price of $0 in the listing...

Thanks!