1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

old Czech roundback Bass with Strad Label

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Morellibass, Aug 9, 2012.

1. I have a vintage Czech roundback bass with violin corners. I'd say made in the 1920-30's. It's a roundback with violin corners and fancy purfling on back under the button. Bass has new Spiro Core strings, a new adjustable Aubert Luxe bridge, and a new fingerboard two inches longer than normal. Email for pictures, bass has strings on it now. There is a soundpost crack on top that was glued and cleated when I got the bass, buyer might need to have a soundpost patch put in at some time, also there has been an expertly done heel repair by luthier Sal Giardina. I'm pricing it at $6500 firm. Bass reminds me of an old Andreas Morelli or Juzek. call Jim outside New Orleans at 504-559-2384 if interested.

Attached Files:

2. geoffbassist

geoffbassist UK Double Bassist Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 17, 2006
    UK
    Founder - Discover Double Bass
    Great looking bass.

3. Thanks, I like this bass. I've seen similar basses for 10-12K. I'm allowing for taking the top off and putting a soundpost patch and while it's off a new bassbar. Sal said he would do this work for $1000. May not even need to be done. Top looks healthy and bass sounds good. Jim

Attached Files: