1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Overwater Original Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by lorbas, May 9, 2016.

1. lorbas

lorbas

May 11, 2002
    Kamen, Germany
    Price:
    Currency (EU and Intl):
    EUR
    Strings:
    My Location:
    Germany
    For sale: Vintage Overwater Bass

To be honest i don't know very much about this bass. I think it is called the 'Original Modell' and was (hand)-made in the early 80ies, the design is said to be the brainchild of John Entwistle of 'The Who'. A bit like a Gibson Thunderbird, but without the 'Neckdive'.

No idea what wood was used. Colour is kind of 'brownburst'.

2 oktaves neck with dot-inlays, scale is the usual 34", so it's not one of those extra-long 'C-Modells' that were offered by Overwater.

PUs are passive humbucking type, and i think i read somewhere that they were made by Kent Armstrong (?). Controls are - if i remember correctly - PU-select/volume neck/volume bridge/tone.

Hardware is Schaller, the bridge is a 3-D-modell. Security-locks are fitted.

The Bass has various dings & dongs, the worst is a bad spot on the back of the headstock, where a loose screw of the case has done some damage in the woodwork while carrying. See picture 5.

Sounds and plays great, great neck, but i got another one with active electronics which i prefer, so this one is for sale.

Comes with original case, but the handle of the case is missing. The case is really big - like a Thunderbird-case - so shipping could be slightly more expensive then usual.

Shipping with DHL will be around 35€ in most parts of the EU, and around 70€ for the US.

Email me for questions, pictures or a shipping-quote.

Cheers,

Ralf

overwater 1.jpg overwater 2.jpg overwater 3.jpg overwater 4.jpg overwater 5.jpg overwater 6.jpg

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021