1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Peavey T-40 - all original w/OHSC - Black/Maple

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by greengoblin, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Here I have beautiful example of a Peavey T-40. US made, Black with all maple neck, string-thru, all original. All Peavey knobs intact as well as I have the orignal plastic Peavey case.. Both switches work as well as the volume/tone knobs. The upper tone knob is starting to develop a slight scratch noise, but does not affect tone/playability.. The pics below show one minor mark on the back of the neck and a little buckle love on the back of the guitar. One pic shows a smal knick in the chrome on the bridge pickup. This is in beautiful shape for a late 70's bass!

**EDIT** SOLD

I have more pics available as well as large versions of these pics.. Will get pics of case soon.. Some pics were hard to get because the relfection on the gloss black makes it like a mirror..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rapisme

Rapisme Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2007
    RAPISME
    PM'd

3. Eon 12

Eon 12

Apr 15, 2009
    South of Heaven
    If that had a rosewood fretboard, I would be on it like ticks on a coondog. That's gotta be one of the cleanest T-40's I've seen. :cool:

4. All PM's replied.

5. The gloss black finish on this bass wnats to reflect everything! Even in dark lighting.. Trying to get the best pics of the back to best represent the bass...

More pics of the back with buckle love:

[​IMG]

From the above pic, there are marks on the right hand side(about my chest area in the reflection)... They are the worst.. The paint is chipped to the wood, but the wood is not gouged. There are a few smaller chips on the back which come up as white/grey that look like the black is chipped/scratched to a primer.

Different view and you can see a very small dent to the left of my arm reflection:

[​IMG]

Feel Free to PM me with more pic requests or questions.

6. PM's replied. Emails sent..

7. Case pics.....

I forgot to mention(not sure if it matters), but there is a small metal bar in the compartment of the case which I am guessing holds the case from opening all the way...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. PM!

9. BTW, I put this on my bathroom scale to see what it weighed according to what I have seen posted. And it comes in at 10lbs.. Not sure if my scale is off....

10. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    A straight cash price on this?

11. All PM's have been replied to...

:bassist:

12. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    PM'ed you!