1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Pedulla Thunderbolt 5 - 1993 - Price drop

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by RussT, Jan 22, 2017.

1. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price:
    Strings:
    Selling my recently purchased Pedulla Thunderbolt. I bought it as a backup for my Spector and Sadowsky but I now have to sink some money into the Sadowsky for fret and neck work so it has to go. It is in very good shape for a 93. It is a 2 piece soft maple body with a beautiful birdseye top. Two piece flame maple neck and a rosewood fret board. There are a few nicks here and there which are included in the photos but they are pretty minor considering the age of the bass. It has been well taken care of. I bought it from the original owner who did a bit of refinishing of some buckle rash on the back. Not a bad job but the result is a slightly different colour in a couple regions on the back. You can see these in the photo. In most light it is invisible. There is also a bit of wear on the G string edge of the fingerboard which can be seen in photos. The wear is on the edge and does not effect playability at all. This bass has the most insanely fast neck I have ever played. It is sleek and slim and very easy to play. The controls are volume, pan, tone and the thunderguts switch which gives you a low mid boost. Sounds great, looks great and plays great. Comes with the OHSC and the Pedulla users kit which includes the manual the truss rod tool and a allen key for bridge adjustments.

17.5mm spacing
    9 - 9.5 lbs according to bathroom scale. Not the most accurate scale but rest assured it is not a heavy bass.

Selling for 1375 $1300 $1250.00 shipped in North America. I will ship oversees at the buyers expense.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    laslen likes this.
  2. jazzycats

jazzycats

Oct 17, 2014
    Trades?

3. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Not really looking at trades as I am trying to recoup some money for some work I need done. That said it never hurts to ask so PM me with what you were thinking.

4. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Price drop bump! now $1300.00 shipped in North America.

5. laslen

laslen

Nov 25, 2016
    New Hampshire
    Pedullas are extremely underrated these days. Everyone wants the "hipster" brands like Fodera and Sadowsky. Great looking bass. You're right about the necks, they're incredible.

I might send a PM your way. I'll have to look at my finances.

RussT likes this.
  6. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    They are underrated on here. Anyone who has played one can atest to the build quality and playability of these bass's. It really doesn't get much better.

7. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Indeed.
    Still pumping my 1991 Series II Pedulla 5.
    No issues at all.
    GLWTS

8. RussT

RussT Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Toronto
    Okay $1250.00 shipped in North America.

9. flacoclef

flacoclef Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2000
    Texas
    ;)