1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Phil Jones "Bass Buddy" - $50

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I have a well-used Phil Jones "Bass Buddy" for sale.

Its a headphone amp, DI and preamp.

Everything works fine EXCEPT that there seems to be a small amount of distortion coming from it. Not sure what the problem is but that is why I am selling it for $50. Full disclosure there. New they are around $300. It also has lots of scratches on the bottom and a few on the top. I have used it strictly as a headphone amp to practice with, but it also has the ability to be used as a 10w amp and when plugged into a cab, will sound about as loud as an acoustic piano. Once I plugged into an 810, out of curiosity, and it was surprisingly loud. This thing also has a great sounding compressor and a graphic eq. The aux in has an adjustable vol control which I have found very handy. It can also be used as a DI. Oh yeah, it also can be run on 9 volt batteries. Another great feature is that it can be used as a preamp to push a poweramp. I have done this and the tone was super clean. Nice.

I dont have a pic, but here's a stock one.

[​IMG]

Again the price is $50 plus shipping.

2. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Putting it on hold pending deal.

3. Man! A cool piece at a great tech special price in Canada and I missed it.... I'll take it if the deal doesn't go through.

4. Hi man ready to buy...please tell me ship to zip 69000-499 i`ll pay shiping. Have pay pal. Plese Pm ThanX fellow

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Sold.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.