1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Phil Jones Bass Cub Excellent Condition

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by John Le Guyader, Aug 28, 2018.

1. John Le Guyader

John Le Guyader Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Price:
    $430
    I am selling my Bass Cub I bought a little over a year ago (see the original packing receipt attached). I also bought a Double Four 'bout the same time. I don't need both and have settled on the Double Four for number of reasons, but it was a really hard choice. I have gigged the Bass Cub a handful of times (and the rest in my house for practice) and it was always more than I needed volume-wise for upright and playing with an acoustic guitar through a PA on winery gigs, inside and out. The Double Four goes a little louder and I can run it off a laptop battery....that's why it won out. I am hoping I won't regret this, it really is a nice amp for upright.

Comes with everything originally in the box: box (what you see is how it was shipped to me and I would do similar), cord, manual, gig bag with shoulder strap. Excellent condition.

$420 shipped Con US.

$599 at Musician's Friend: https://www.musiciansfriend.com/amp...8459663-sku^J57290000002000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

bass cub top.jpg Bass cub front grill.jpg bass cub front no grill.jpg bass cub bottom.jpg bass cub back.jpg bass cub bag 1.jpg bass cub bag 2.jpg bass cub box.jpg bass cub packing label.jpg bass cub manual and cord.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  2. John Le Guyader

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Getting some local nibbles on Craigslist...

3. John Le Guyader

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Bump

4. John Le Guyader

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Price drop $420

5. I am thinking of this because I play upright gigs and also electric gigs. Have you tried it with active and passive electric basses? I will probably make this my only amp if it is worth it. I don't need a loud stage sound, that is what monitors and FOH is for.

6. John Le Guyader

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Yes, works well on both passive and active electric basses.