1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Phil Jones Bass PJB P-1 Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by kbr, Jun 8, 2012.

1. kbr

kbr Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Oviedo, Fl
    I've been using this preamp for years with great success tonally. I'm just looking for a different flavor now. The character of this pre is extremely clean. It's similar character wise to an Avalon U5 (my last pre) with a little less sub-bass. The bonus is the transparent compressor (I turned it all the way up to try to get it to pump, it didn't), the parametric EQ (which is great), and the 15 band graphic EQ (which is centered towards bass frequencies and is awesome!). It does have scratches on the top and back, nothing on the front, back, or sides. Also, it's number 1 if that sort of thing is important to you. Here are some pics.

IMG_9987.CR2.jpg IMG_9989.CR2.jpg IMG_9990.CR2.jpg IMG_9991.CR2.jpg IMG_9992.CR2.jpg

$1000 shipped

Things I'm looking for in trade (plus cash if applicable):
    Phil Jones Bass Suitcase and / or 4B
    Bergantino IP153
    Sonic Farm 2Di4 or Creamer Plus
    SPL Transpressor
    Ibanez SRFF806
    Quality 5 String P or J Bass (pretty much any manufacturer but 34" scales only)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  2. free bump for a preamp that has held my interest for some time

3. kbr

kbr Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Oviedo, Fl
    Thanks. They're great, I'm just looking to try some of the newer preamps out there and I've seemed to have already tried and owned everything except the REDDI and the Avalon V5 (which will probably sound exactly the same as the U5). I may come back to it in the future as nothing else that sounds this good fits in my rack so amiably.

4. Thundamental

Thundamental Tone Chaser

Jul 4, 2011
    Los Angeles
    I don't know if you still have this but; would you be interested in a trade for an Eden VT300 in great condition?
    It is very similar to the Sadowsky SA200. I know you were interested in preamps but...
    vt300-large-med_zps2e2e8df7.jpg

Rnb4003 likes this.
  5. kbr

kbr Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Oviedo, Fl
    This is actually still available. I don't have any cabs at the moment though so I don't have need of an amplifier. Thanks for your interest though. It does seem like a sweet amp.

6. richmiller

richmiller

Sep 5, 2010
    Pm'd

Sent from my iPhone using TalkBass

7. kbr

kbr Supporting Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Oviedo, Fl
    New pics bump

8. kbr

kbr Supporting Member