1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Pope Flexcore PreAmp (4Band EQ with A/P and Expansion toggles)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Parts, Strings, and Accessories' started by Karl Kaminski, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Karl Kaminski

Karl Kaminski Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Price:
    Love this Pre! ...but sold the bass it was in. Comes with all the candy/jumpers/9&18V harness/etc. Full disclosure the Balancer/Blend control was replaced last year under warranty at Bestbassgear.com. Both BBG and Pope are/were great in the process—quick and easy!! Like new, would definately keep and use it if I had another bass to put it in.

2stk.2stk (4 band preamp for 2 pickups):
    Stacked vol/tone
    Balancer (AKA: blend knob)
    Act/pass toggle (standard chrome)
    Stacked Bass/treble
    Stacked Hi/low Mids
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 3.06.27 PM.

Plus an Expansion toggle: use as a Coil tap or Mid freq switch (standard chrome)
    Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 3.07.33 PM.

Requested pic...
    fullsizeoutput_165.
    Flexcore setup manual

290 Paypal, CONUS USPS Priorty
    International: shipping/insurance extra. (Customs on you)

Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    The Nameless and Eugene.thomas87 like this.
  2. mustBmtd

mustBmtd

Sep 28, 2012
    Memphis,Tn
    So is one switch, for A/P and the other one for the mids?

3. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    Yes as described above, The stock photos show the premium black toggles;

• one switch (with the orange/white 3 wire lead) is for the A/P.
    • the other switch (with green/white 4 wire lead) can be used as a coil tap for humbucker pups OR use it as a Hi or Low MID freq switch. I found in my application I wanted to use it as coil tap, and I didn't need to toggle either of the Mids.

For those who don't know this pre yet:
    it is highly convertible with switches AND "jumpers" (those black blocks in the baggie) to select your choice of freq band for Treble, Bass, Hi-mid, Low-mid (thats 16 possible combinations) AND if you wanted (or had enough access holes in your bass) you could add additional switches to get all the possible switching: A/P, Coil tap, Hi-mid, AND Low-mid toggles. Its truly a easy-install, no solder, highly customizable Pre.

A quick search on TB or just visiting Popes' Flexcore website will give you a better sense of all the possibilities.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  4. Karl Kaminski

Aug 26, 2008
    NYC
    sale pending...

and SOLD

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018