No longer available Prat M-BSV - 5 string, 33" scale, singlecut bolt-on, buckeye

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Chace90, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Chace90

Chace90 Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Price:
    Strings:
    Haven't seen many Prat basses on the FS forums. This one is a beauty! I bought this direct and brand new from Oscar Prat in July 2015. It is my 2nd of his basses with similar specs, this one setup for B-G. This isn't getting much use and it needs to be getting played. I just checked before posting and this bass is in nearly unplayed condition. Can't find any scratches or dings anywhere. $2500
    • Prat M-BSV 5 string
    • 33" scale
    • 7-piece neck, Padauk with wenge and maple stripes, bolt-on
    • 1.75" nut width
    • Ebony fingerboard
    • 28 frets (!)
    • Mother of Pearl fingerboard dots
    • Mahogany body
    • Buckeye top, matching ramp, knobs and headstock top
    • 2 Nordstrand DC pickups with series/single/parallel switches for each pickup
    • Mike Pope 4 band pre w/ push-pull on the passive tone knob, internal gain adjustable
    • Fully shielded
    • Hipshot A-style bridge, 16.5mm spacing (adjustable), black
    • Hipshot tuners, black
    • Dunlop dual-design strap locks
    • 8.2 lbs (bathroom scale)
    • Kases padded case included
    Prat%2001.jpg

This bass is punchy, great for finger style. A wide variety of tones available with the preamp and pickup switches. A bit tight for slapping if that's your thing, but can get a great slap tone with the pickups in single coil mode. The B speaks very well, despite the shorter scale length. Full and easy access all the way up to that 28th fret.

For trades, just looking to check out something different and roughly the same value. Would most likely prefer a 5 or 6 string.

Please NO offers of 35" scale, fretless, Warwicks, off-the-shelf Fenders.

Questions, just ask!

Prat%2002.jpg

Prat%2003.jpg

Prat%2007.jpg

Prat%2004.jpg

Prat%2006.jpg

20150729_114911_2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Inactive

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Beautiful bass with one of my favorite woods and my favorite pickups. Would love to hear a sound sample of this beauty.

3. Unbelievable bass! Whoever gets this bass will be getting a real gem. Best B on a 33" I've heard. Super well balanced and lightweight.

4. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    To the top! Added nut width and weight. Sound clips coming

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
    Robin Ruscio likes this.
  5. Robin Ruscio

Robin Ruscio Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver, CO, USA
    Neil I'd love see this sometime, of course , I have no time or $ as I suspect you don't either lol!

6. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Robin, you're always welcome to check it out any time as long as I have it! But I know exactly what you're talking about. :)

7. Absolutely stunning! I hear Prat's have amazing B's on the shorter length instruments. Super comfortable to play!

8. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Delaware, USA
    I'm simply amazed that this hasn't sold yet. What a bass!

9. Chace90

Feb 1, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I appreciate the comments, all! I will get some sound clips soon, I promise.

In the mean time, open to offers!

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022