SOLD PRICE DROP: 2003 Warwick Thumb NT4 - free shipping within US

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by foudufafa, Mar 6, 2017.

1. foudufafa

foudufafa Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Price:
    Strings:
    I would like to move this so priced dropped to $1,900 shipped.

Even though I am sure I will suffer from separation anxiety, I have decided to part with my beloved German-made Warwick Thumb NT4. I bought it 3 years ago and it has been my main bass for 2 years until I got a Sadowsky NYC which is now my main bass. The tone of the Thumb is so sweet that I have kept it for another year before finally deciding to sell it. I don't play it that much anymore and it deserves to be played (plus I can use the money).

As you can see from the pictures, it is in superb shape for a 14 years old bass. For full disclosure, there are a few barely visible imperfections. One small scratch near the serial number and another about one inch above the neck pickup. One tuner has been replaced (the one without the W sign on it). You would not notice any of them unless I tell you. Other than that it is physically, mechanically, and electronically sound.

It has the signature Thumb NT sound, weight is 9.5lbs but well balanced for a Thumb. Here is the spec from Warwick:
    Serial number: G 100-593-03, Bubinga Pommele body, Ovangkol neck, Ebony fingerboard

Price is $1,900 shipped within continental US.

Plenty of pictures here: https://goo.gl/photos/o32JDnwVpdnwa7HD9

Trades: Dingwall, F-Bass, Ken Smith, Roscoe, Sadowsky, Mayones, Sandberg (California), Lakland, with cash going one way or the other depending on trade value. 5 or 6 strings only (I am all set with 4 strings).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2017
  2. foudufafa

Aug 28, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Every time I play it, I have second thoughts about selling it. It sounds so warm and sweet and the neck so comfortable and fast. Maybe I should just keep it.

Mrmatt1972 likes this.
  3. foudufafa

Aug 28, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Trade interests added

4. str3ck

str3ck

Jan 5, 2010
    Messaged You

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021