SOLD Price Drop: 5 lbs! Miller em4 carbon graphite headless 4-string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mikewalker, Feb 28, 2020.

1. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Price:
    Strings:
    My favorite bass of all time (for obvious reasons) but the half-finished drum room is clamoring loudly for funds. This is LIKE NEW. I custom-ordered this early last year and it arrived only a couple months ago. Hard to get good pics because it has a super glossy finish. As far as I know this is the only 33 inch scale Miller in existence.

"The brand new bass model from MILLER. Anatomically ergonomic shaping and aerospace technology enable an unprecedented lightness for a bass without any loss of the usual sustain and sound of the MILLER basses."

em4_bn(1).jpg

Lots more pics at Miller em4 | FOR SALE

SPECS:
    Custom 33 inch scale length, 24 frets
    Nut width: 41 mm
    String spacing: 17 mm
    Weight: 5.00 pounds (2.264 kg)

Strung with Labella Low-tension flexible flats.
    Häussel MM pickup (custom-wound for high output)
    Pull-pot series/parallel (parallel down, series up)
    Passive tone control. Plenty of room inside to add active stuff if you desire!
    Inherently fully shielded due to carbon construction.

It's fully hollow (body and neck) and thus sounds pleasingly loud when played acoustically. Miller is very keen on warm and woody 'seventies' sounds and this bass doesn't disappoint. Really nice 'singing' tones. Was shipped to me with nylon tapewounds but I like the feel of flats better. Easily playable all the way up with good intonation. And as you would expect, this bass has rock solid tuning stability!

In factory-fresh condition... There is one tiny 'factory finish flaw' - what looks like a repaired chip under the clearcoat at the corner of the fretboard, about 2mm square, and you have to look extremely hard to see where it was touched up. (polished over, smooth to the touch, and actually invisible from most viewing angles)

Includes hardshell case as shown (It was shipped to me from Germany in this case).
    For a bass this light I'd much prefer a gig bag but haven't got around to needing one yet (the bass has never left my house)...
    This bass has a handy 'headlet' that allows it to hang like a normal instrument.

_IMG_20191218_235305.jpg

Miller has several months wait time for orders (and is notoriously slow to answer emails) but you can buy this one now and SAVE THE WAIT!
    July 7th update: price drop - now save USD$600 off retail

Canadian buyers: you also save the duty and the taxes :)

Price in USD, and I'll throw in discounted shipping:
    Canada - ships FREE
    USA - add USD $50
    UK/EU- add USD $80
    Japan/Oz - add USD $150

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    sfbabali, xhawk5, Lunatique and 10 others like this.
  2. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    Soundclips by request...
    OK, these are all just (sloppy) random noodlings, played fingerstyle direct to disk through the "Clean Bass Preamp" preset in my POD X3 PRO. No EQ, no compression, just the pure raw bass sound. Rambling around so you can hear the notes all over the fretboard...

1) Flatwounds , pickup coils in series https://rockandroller.ca/EM4-series-flats4.mp3

2) Flatwounds, pickup coils in parallel https://rockandroller.ca/EM4-parallel-flats.mp3

3) First clip I made on New Bass Day, with the original tapewounds it came with. (I don't know what brand these strings were, but they were way too floppy for my liking, so I tossed them.)
    https://rockandroller.ca/miller-parallel01.mp3

Whisper and red_rhino like this.
  3. I like this one a lot

mikewalker likes this.
  4. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    WOW

mikewalker likes this.
  5. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

Cool.

mikewalker likes this.
  6. bassman28

bassman28 Bass Pluckers Owner Posting in Talkbass Bazaar Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 31, 2010
    North Carolina
    Basspluckers.com
    Dang I wish this was 19mm.

mikewalker likes this.
  7. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    USA
    Fascinating instrument. The weight is unreal. No interest in a 4 but this should have its takers among those looking for a light, high quality bass.

mikewalker likes this.
  8. mikewalker

mikewalker

Jul 30, 2017
    Canada, Eh!
    On it's way to the East Coast...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022