1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Price Drop - Upton Hawkes 2006

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by AlienNed, Oct 12, 2019.

1. AlienNed

AlienNed Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Rural Fort Worth, TX
    Price:
    Strings:
    Radically reduced to $800 -- I need the space it occupies - Upton Hawkes plywood. Discontinued model. All seams are tight. No rattles. I'm using it to experiment with strings. Sporting Evah Pirazzi strings at the moment, Revolution Solo pickup and 'docking station' from Gollihur and padded gig bag. Well abused for 14 years with nicks and dings, chewed up bridge and violin corner damage. Hauled in a Honda Accord and it shows. Can be played as is if you're not particular about visuals. Will need to see your luthier if you want to make it somewhat presentable. Pickup in Forth Worth area. It really does sound good. Stickers/decals have been removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
    Tiddleypidlei likes this.
  2. Tiddleypidlei

Tiddleypidlei Decent at bass. Suck at everything else. Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2014
    Not interested, just wanted to say how Great Upton Hawkes basses are. I own a plywood 07 Hawkes and they are great basses for the money. Big sound, easy to play, nice broad shoulders, and better sounding then any other plywood out there.
    Who ever jumps on this is going to be very happy. GLWTS

johnny_bolt likes this.
  3. quindecima

quindecima Inactive

Sep 18, 2016
    Walterville, Oregon
    Dang! i'd never be able to get it here.

4. Sam Dingle

Sam Dingle Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Tallahassee
    man if only it was local.

5. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    PM’d

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021