SOLD Prices dropped - G&L JB-2, L-1500, 2x L-2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Dec 31, 2018.

1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Price:
    $775
    Strings:
    Shipping is included in the 48 states only. I can't ship any bass with a rosewood fingerboard overseas due to CITES.

Please PM me if you have questions or want more pictures.

The ONLY trades I'm interested in:
    -MusicMan Sterling HH 4 - Neptune Blue PDN or Honey Roasted PDN limited runs (mahogany body), or a Stealth with ebony fingerboard, must be under 9 lbs, prefer under 8.5 lbs
    -Mike Lull P4, deep body contours, rw or ebony board J width neck only, under 8.5 lbs
    -G&L L-2000 with 1.5" wide neck only, 1997-1998 only

First is a very nice JB-2 built in cherryburst over alder, #8 rw/quartersawn neck, weighs 8.2 lbs, factory molded case. Beautiful condition except there's 3 little divots through the finish around each strap button and some hardened glue on the finish by the bridge end strap button. I put factory buttons on and it's not noticeable unless you look close (the first 3 pics of the damage are from before I replaced the buttons, the last pic is after). Comes in the factory molded case, weight is a nice light 8.2 lbs.

Price is $800 shipped SOLD

View attachment 3265944

Second is an L-2000 built in 1997, I really love this era. The necks have the perfect contour for me and they have the OMG series wiring. The body is clear gloss over ash and the grain is really nice. There is some very minor finish checking at the corners of the neck pocket, I can't feel them with a fingernail but they are visible if you look close. The neck is 1.75" wide at the nut with a rosewood board, the radius is 12” (#7 neck). This neck is a factory replacement from the early 2000s, it’s quartersawn and it’s a bicut neck with the replaceable truss nut. The weight is perfect at 8.9 lbs and comes in the factory black tolex case.

Price is $800 $775 shipped SOLD

View attachment 3265938

Last is another L-2000 from 1997, the ash body has what looks like a faded Honeyburst finish, it’s a really lovely color that I haven’t seen before. The neck is a bicut with the old replaceable truss nut, the profile is #5, 1.75" at the nut and a vintage 7.5" fingerboard radius. The body has some chips and minor worming on the back. A previous owner did the K switching modification so the middle switch can do series/single coil/parallel. Comes in a new condition ProTec gigbag and weighs 9.6 lbs.

Price is $900 $850 shipped SOLD

View attachment 3265936

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019
  2. David Sutkin

David Sutkin Schroeder Cabs and Maruszczyk bass artist Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2017
    Brooklyn, NY
    Awesome TB’er and great guy to deal with! Top notch gear too.

3. When it comes to tone monsters and beautiful basses Brad never disappoints. Just gorgeous L2K's. I had an ASAT in that unique honeyburst from the same era so this is the second I've seen. One man's New Years Resolutions are another's dream come true.

pjbassist and bdgotoh like this.
  4. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Cape Cod
    I had one of the first ASAT semi hollow, also had that finish. Miss that bass. Really nice selection!

5. inoshishi

inoshishi

Dec 12, 2018
    PM'd

6. WhtMtnGrv

WhtMtnGrv Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Crestline, CA
    Love that one of your trade options is a roasted Neptune Blue MM. A Bongo 4HS or 4H is something I will probably GAS over until I find/acquire one.

Good luck on your search!

bdgotoh likes this.