SOLD Rickenbacker 4003 Midnight Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Delsan, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Price:
    Strings:
    Haruko.jpg
    Welp! I do love her but I've decided to part with my mystical Rickenbacker 4003. Haruko forgive me. This is the basic Midnight Blue Finish, very sharp looking. It's in damn fine condition too. I can't find a mark or a dent on it. The action is solid as you would expect, and it's a super comfortable bass to play on.

This bass comes with a Rickenbacker case and the patented Rick-O-Sound box. I'll also include the original aluminum string overlay, but the option I've installed is a lot more viable in my opinion. It's one of those thumb rests that gets installed beneath the bridge pickup-plate

I'll take any photos you'd like of her but, all honesty, there's nothing wrong with this bass.

This bass was made between 2000 and 2006 from what I understand. I don't know a terrible lot about Ricks, and if you want to know what year it is, you're gonna have to help me figure that out lol. The lacquer on the fretboard is a little aged, so it's not crisp and high contrast, but it isn't faded yellow like an old 70s Rick.

I might return to the Rick sound some day but for the moment, I'm saving up for a sexy new Stingray 5HH in Cruz Teal, so trade requests aren't going to be considered much unless you have a comparable bass in a comparable color. (Teal 5 string Stingray HH specifically).

Message for questions. Can provide cell phone sound clips as well if you wish.

CaptObvious and byoung93888 like this.
  2. Delsan

Delsan

Nov 21, 2015
    Allentown
    Dark Haruko.jpg
    Here she is in a little more neutural light. #nofilter.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    CaptObvious likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021