SOLD RMI Basswitch Enhanced Overdrive (Distortion)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Ricky Caboverde, May 6, 2018.

1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Price:
    I bought this recently from someone who brought it from Germany; so AFAIK, this is actually the only one in the US at the moment. Lehle/RMI is known for their great quality and unique approach to gear, and this pedal is no exception. This is a bit more than an overdrive. It starts from about medium gain to melt-your-face distortion, and is the reason why I'm letting it go. It's just much more gain than I ever use at church. It's only been used very minimally and never attached to a board; and it comes with box and all papers.

Here is a translated, 5-star review by Bonedo. It sounds just like the recordings there: mean, nasty, and slightly course-textured; from searing to gutteral, via the tone knob. The drive/saturation reminds me A LOT of the texture you get from the SAG knob on the Fairfield Barbershop as well as the Shift Line Olympic III, when diming the gain; so, this is very much a tube-flavored distortion. It sounds absolutely brutal and keeps whatever huge low-end you already have going on (it sounds amazing through the Shift Line cab sims), and is surprisingly very musical and dynamic for a distortion pedal.

While I appreciate offers, I'm not really interested in trades at the moment.

RMIEO.jpg IMG_20180505_230217035.jpg IMG_20180505_230149295.jpg

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  2. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    @handofseven and I tried this pedal at NAMM. It is a killer dirt box.

Ricky Caboverde and handofseven like this.
  3. Soundworks

Soundworks Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

May 12, 2012
    Santa Cruz Mountains
    Paypal sent!

Ricky Caboverde likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022