1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available RMI Basswitch Enhanced Overdrive (Distortion)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Ricky Caboverde, May 6, 2018.

1. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Price:
    I bought this recently from someone who brought it from Germany; so AFAIK, this is actually the only one in the US at the moment. Lehle/RMI is known for their great quality and unique approach to gear, and this pedal is no exception. This is a bit more than an overdrive, and actually starts from about medium gain to melt-your-face distortion; and this is why I have to let it go. Though I love RMI stuff, this guy just has way too much gain for my taste and use at church even at the lowest setting. It only has a few minutes of use on my end (previous owner never used it because it didn't fit his mini board), and comes with box and all papers, etc.

Here is a translated, 5-star review by Bonedo. It sounds just like the recordings there: mean, nasty, and slightly course-textured--from searing to gutteral (via the tone knob). the drive/saturation reminds me A LOT of the texture you get from the SAG knob in the Fairfield Barbershop. Also, having an Shift Line Olympic III, it sounds like the drive I get when diming the gain; so, this is very much tube-flavored distortion. It sounds absolutely brutal and keeps whatever huge low-end you already have going on, but will certainly benefits from slight LPF as it does not have a tone knob to control the top-end (it sounds amazing through the Shift Line Olympic cab sims). Lastly, it is very musical and dynamic for a distortion pedal.

I'm not itching to get rid of this pedal, but will gladly entertain (partial)trade offers. Please, keep in mind that his is a $300 pedal, brand new.

RMIEO. IMG_20180505_230217035. IMG_20180505_230149295.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  2. andrew

andrew

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    @handofseven and I tried this pedal at NAMM. It is a killer dirt box.

Ricky Caboverde and handofseven like this.