1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ROGERI 2018 Romanian made - hand carved solid wood

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by Bassosaurus, Apr 13, 2019.

1. Bassosaurus

Bassosaurus Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Price:
    $4000.00
    Strings:
    Romanian made Giovanni Battista Rogeri model upright bass from String Emporium. All hand carved solid wood.

http://www.stringemporium.com/audition-bass.htm

General information can be found at this link. The Rogeri model is listed here but he has not created the page for that model. These are now made in Romania and are of higher quality and a higher price to go with it. I will PM you my receipt if you wish and you can see the new price on the page.

Here is the page for the older model, made in China. I believe the measurements are exactly the same but the Romanian is made with better materials and build quality.

http://www.stringemporium.com/upright-bass.htm

When I bought this he had one Chinese Rogeri left so I was able to compare them. The Chinese one sounded great but this one just filled the room with a huge sound! He had two Romanian Rogeri and I picked the best sounding. This is strung with Tis.

I bought this new in November but soon after sustained an injury that has prevented me from playing it much and left me with some medical expenses to cover. It is in Excellent + condition!

Comes with blue Tuff Bag (like new - $415 value), 2 Dampits, bear claw mute.

For additional cost, if you’re interested I also have:

· Finale French carbon fiber bow http://www.stringemporium.com/finale-bass-bows.htm

· K & M Upright Bass Stand solid black holds end-pin at the bottom $98 value

This will be a pick up item from Tucson, AZ 85730

Attached Files:

CaseyVancouver likes this.
  2. shwashwa

shwashwa

Aug 30, 2003
    NJ
    i usually dont like shiny basses, but that one's a beauty

Bassosaurus likes this.
  3. anightintunisia

anightintunisia Supporting Member

Any video or MP3’s?

4. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
  5. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    GLWTS, that is one beautiful bass. Wish that I were closer to you!

Bassosaurus likes this.
  6. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    Bass is still available!

7. Bassosaurus

Aug 27, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    ...has been sold pending payment.