1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale/Trade Sadowsky Metro MV4-24 4-String Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jazzy grille, May 29, 2018.

1. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Price:
    Strings:
    Hello,

Up for sale is my workhorse Sadowsky MV4-24, don't really see many of these. It's basically a vintage style jazz, with 24 frets and a few slightly different curves in the body.

I bought this direct from Sadowsky a few years ago, had to wait quite a while to get it.

This bass has the most amazing jazz bass growl and the Sadowsky electronics/pickups make this bass sound bigger than a house - I have used this exclusively in a rock band and it can sound like a musical buzz saw (in a good way) with a good set of stainless steel strings - But, still SUPER versatile and an ABSOLUTE slap monster.

Specs:
    • Maple FB & neck
    • 24 frets
    • Ash Body
    • '59 Sunburst
    • Sadowsky single-coil hum cancelling pickups
    • Sadowsky VTC preamp
    • Comes with Dunlop strap locks installed
    I would put the weight at about 8.7lbs.

Condition is good overall, there is only one blemish on the body and it's in the paint (was on the bass when I got it) - There are some dings on the headstock and the neck has a few scuffs as well. I can say that none of the scuffs on the neck are noticeable when playing, they are very minimal but obviously need to be mentioned.

Comes with the Sadowsky soft shell case, which has seen some abuse from airplane rides and being toted around (please see photos) - The hinges have come undone, but, the case is still fully functional as it is sown together.

$2100 shipped CONUS - FIRM - PayPal

TRADES CONSIDERED: Glockenklang Bass Art Classic PREAMP

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Matt Quinones and Lumdingo like this.
  2. Gil

Gil

Oct 20, 2008
    Sarasota, FL
    Where in Florida?

3. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Any trades for sadowsky pj 4 or 24 with the modern spacing?

4. barginkov

barginkov

Feb 1, 2012
    L.I. New York
    Still available?.. I pm ed you

5. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    Bump!

Still available.

Will consider trades for a Glockenklang Bass Art Classic PREAMP.

6. kev451

kev451 Gold Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2014
    New Jersey
    Pm’d

7. samurai shotgun bass

samurai shotgun bass

Dec 25, 2014
    Florida
    Dunno what to type in here.
    I'll trade you a Gibson ebo sg bass, a dean USA juggernaut prototype made in Tampa (armadillo enterprise), and a Mesa boogie 8x10 cabinet

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021