1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Sadowsky NYC PJ 5-String

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emart, Jul 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price:
    $3,000
    Strings:
    -------SOLD--------

Late 2011 Sadowsky NYC 5-string P/J #5932. Black pearl finish, alder with Brazilian rosewood fingerboard. This bass was apparently built for touring bassist and TB'er Tully Kennedy, and has mojo that is consistent with being on the road. This is a player's bass and has significant minor wear on the finish and body, but the neck is nearly perfect and it has little fret wear. The bass plays great and has no functional issues, none of the wear affects playability. See the link below (prior sale) for some additional detail and more photos.

http://www.talkbass.com/threads/sadowsky-nyc-pj5.979532/

Comes with a nearly new condition Sadowsky hard case.

Specs:
    Finish: Black Pearl
    Body: Alder
    Neck: Maple with Thin Matte Nitro Finish
    Fingerboard: Brazilian rosewood, 21 frets, 12" radius, 1 7/8" nut width
    Pickguard: Black
    Hardware: Chrome
    Pickups: Sadowsky PJ 'Duncan wind'
    Weight: 8.20 lbs (3.76 kg)
    Preamp: Sadowsky preamp with Vintage Tone Control

$3000 shipped.
    No international transactions.
    Regarding TRADES: I prefer to sell outright. However, the only trade offers I will respond to will be basses by Sadowsky or Lakland USA.

Thanks for looking.
    2f3ed00b-3e42-496e-bb6d-308d9789ecba_zpsfabf2a15.
    IMG_0030.JPG

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    drew_bassmore likes this.
  2. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    This, is a killer NYC PJ5 If I had the cash I would buy this
    Emart is a solid TBr don't hesitate

Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  3. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks Bob and nice catch about the frets. The outline for the post was from a prior sale.

4. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Santa Cruz, Ca
    I remember this one having one of the best B and E string tones, Super neck....

5. GLWTS Eric!

6. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price drop and trade preferences updated.

7. bassman31783

bassman31783

Nov 4, 2012
    Denton Tx
    Man, this bass is killing me. GLWTS.

Bump for an awesome Sadowsky.

8. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Thanks!

9. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Full disclosure regarding player wear on this bass. All the wear on this bass occurred before I took possession.

Neck, headstock, fingerboard:
    With the exception of one ding to the top of the headstock, all of the visible wear is confined to the body of the bass. Aside from the ding on the headstock (see photo in link below), the entire neck, headstock and fingerboard are in near mint condition. Fret wear is minimal.

Body: (see photos)
    1. There is a surface crack that extends down from the area of the tone pot on the control plate on the front of the bass. I've photographed this from all angles and it can be felt in the surface paint.
    2. There are two finish cracks extending down from the rear control cavity on the back of the bass.
    3. There is a tiny finish crack at the neck joint on the lower horn.
    4. There is one 'ding' that breaks the finish of the bass on the bottom of the body near the bridge.
    5. There is one 'ding' that breaks the clear finish on the back near the jack plate.
    6. There is a depression that does not break the finish on the bottom, back near the control cavity.
    7. There are numerous depressions that do not break the finish on the back of the bass, consistent with buckle rash, that are difficult to see except up close and at certain angles. (These are difficult to photograph and appear in pictures as waves in the finish)

There are many surface scratches that are visible up close, including the pickguard, but most are on the back of the body.

Electronics:
    All original and have never been modified (see photo).

Please see hi-res photos here: http://s1127.photobucket.com/user/emart415/library/Sadowsky PJ 5

10. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Price drop.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  11. emart

emart Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Sold.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014