SOLD Sadowsky NYC PJ5

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by rwider, Jul 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Carpinteria, Ca
    I need cash for a vehicle transaction and I'm digging deeper into the basses I'd want to keep. If another bass sells this one is off the table, but here is your chance.

Here is excerpts from a previous/respected TB'r owner:

This bass is a wonderful tone clone and works in a great variety of applications. It is FAR more versatile than my SC
    JJ. If the SC JJ is a Ferrari, this is more of an ultra-high performance ultility vehicle. If I could have only one bass,
    this might be the one to have.
    The specs:
    Ash body with quilt maple top in Cherryburst
    Maple neck
    Total weight: 8.6 pounds
    Sadowsky preamp with VTC
    Further this bass has been universally routed so that if you want to try the traditional P bass pickup placement, it can
    be changed. Although, I HIGHLY recommend the reverse. That placement makes for a KILLER punchy B string and
    very focused low end respondence. A Tort PG in the standard config is included.
    There a TINY blip on the bottom of the bass about an inch from the jack plate. It does not break the top coat and
    measures roughly 2-3 mm. It is less than 1 mm in width and barely catches your fingernail if you scrape across. I
    could not capture it with a photo. Otherwise, the bass is in perfect cosmetic order.
    There is one variance from these photos. The bass is now equipped with the Nordstrand-made Sadowsky pickups,
    making it up to the current specs. The Nordstrands added a slightly stronger mid-presence and a bit more aggressive
    sound. To my ears, the change made an amazing bass even more amazing. Original PUs are not included.
    I am not the original owner. I am unsure if the bass is chambered although I do not believe that it is.

The first $3,100 from a U.S buyer gets it shipped to their door including the Sadowsky
    ultralight HSC.
    If you want a beautiful Sadowsky without waiting 10 months and paying 40-50 percent more, buy this. You won't
    regret it. This one could be sold as "new" off of the Sadowsky shop floor. It's that clean.

And he's right on.........

$3100 Shipped in the Conus (echeck, money order, bank transfer preferred)

Pics sporting Reverse PJ with White PG and new strings (how it is set up now)

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

DSC04115.jpg

DSC04113.jpg

And sporting the Tort guard included in the price:

DSC04112.jpg

DSC04111.jpg

2. thomasjbass

thomasjbass Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2010
    Highland Heights, OH
    Wow Bob.... Just wow.

3. gordobass14

gordobass14

Nov 10, 2010
    Man....spectacular.

4. BIGREDSIX

BIGREDSIX Supporting Member

Dang Bob!!!

5. moorebass

moorebass Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Oh man - this is exactly what I've been looking for. Why did you have to post this as I'm attempting to downsize? :bawl:

6. sok monkee

sok monkee Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Burlington N.C.
    Bob, I'll take it how do u want payment :bassist::D

7. R Baer

R Baer Supporting Member Commercial User

Jun 5, 2008
    President, Baer Amplification
    Bob, Just how many killer basses DO you have lurking about?

8. rwider

rwider Supporting Member

May 5, 2008
    Carpinteria, Ca
    Thank you everyone and this one is sold pending payment

9. rodneyat

rodneyat

Apr 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Wow...Bob, You just keep getting Sadowsky basses that I used to own! This is a really nice one. Congrats soK monkee

10. Kevinlane

Kevinlane Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Missouri, near Branson
    Grats Sokmonkee, I guess my search for a maple/ash reverse P/5 continues! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.