1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Shen SB150 For Sale - NYC $2000

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by jorscan, Jan 17, 2012.

1. jorscan

jorscan

Sep 25, 2011
    For Sale: A 2008 Shen SB150 Hybrid Upright Acoustic Bass, 3/4 size. This is a fine chinese made double bass featuring a carved top and plywood back and sides. It has an ebony board, an adjustable bridge and fairly new Thomastik Spirocores on it. It's a lovely instrument with a very clean, clear tone. It's a new bass, it needs to be played and continued to opened up, but it's already a fantastic sounding instrument.

I hand picked it in Shanghai China at the Shen store. I invested extra money to have an adjustable bridge put on it and to have the fingerboard plained. It has a couple small cosmetic dings but for the most part it is practically a new instrument. I am only selling it because I play my old Kay more often and I can no longer justify keeping two acoustic basses in my Brooklyn apartment.

If you want to come play it, you are welcome to come here. I can also bring the bass over; serious inquiries only. If you live in the Tri-state area, I would be willing to deliver the instrument as well, therein saving the massive shipping costs.

Below are links for the model, as well as a video of me playing it so you can get a idea of the sound of the instrument.

SB150 SHEN DOUBLE BASS Samuel Shen Upright Bass - Upton Bass String Instrument Company

Shen Bass - YouTube

Attached Files:

2. Do you still have this thing? I am in the tri-state area...