1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD **SOLD**Nash 57' Relic P-Bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ThumbyAche, Nov 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Well, I wasn't going to sell it but I don't think I'm going to like the neck very much and I'm not going to put $$ into it to get a jazz neck. Last week I had Bill Nash fix a broken screw in the bridge and a slight crack in the neck pocket (which I'm being told is part of the relic'ing process). Nevertheless, he took care of it and it now looks like a small scratch. The bass is about 9.75 lbs and sounds awesome (even acoustically) and that usually means good things for the amplified sound. It has a Duncan vintage pickup which I'm a big fan of and no doubt Bill Nash is an artist when it comes to relic'ing. Probably one of the very best. Ash body, maple neck...hard to beat overall. Comes with the Nash gigbag but there never was an decal for the neck so it sports only his signature on the back of the headstock. Asking $1100 (shipped in US 48) as I have only had it for a little over 2 weeks so it's...new like only way relic'd. One of the best P-Basses I've ever played (really).

Attached Files:

2. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    $1000 shipped in US 48. Any takers?

3. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I think these basses go for $1599 street. It will go for more on evilbay if you don't get a bite.

4. the company thats makes this bass is "Nash" right? or is it a fender that has had "a nash custom job?" sorry for my ignorance, i've just never heard of nash.

5. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    It's a nash bass not affiliated with Fender at all.

6. alright thanks for clarifying that.

7. glowing glass

glowing glass

Mar 14, 2005
    PM headed your way......

8. albass111

albass111

Feb 13, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    In a way he is. He uses Fender licsensed parts.

However, he has no ties to Fender as a company. I think Fender actually resents that he does such a good relic job, and it takes away from their custom shop business. Doesn't matter though, Fender makes sooooo much money.

9. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Pending payment...somebody will be very lucky.

10. ThumbyAche

Sep 15, 2005
    Pacific NW
    Sold to Glowing Glass. Congrats!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.