1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Stagg EUB-EDB3/4RDLH Honey - Price Drop:$450

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by John Le Guyader, Apr 29, 2019.

1. John Le Guyader

John Le Guyader Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2006
    DC Metro
    Price:
    Strings:
    I would like to sell my Stagg EUB since I now have a Yamaha Silent Bass EUB. It is the Deluxe model at the time (not sure that means anything in terms of features), Honey color version. I bought this off of eBay in 2017. It was sold by Butler Music as a blemished stock with what was described as a "stable" crack about 2.5" on the back of the body next to the neck and body rest on the G-string side. It was not a stable crack but was easy to repair by shooting epoxy with a syringe in the crack and clamping. There is a finish crack that's visible and I tried to take a picture of it, but I doesn't show well in the photo.

I put Zyex lights on about a year ago. I put heat shrink tubing at the top of the endpin (not visible) to dampen any endpin rattling which is common. You can feel it when pulling out the endpin for use just be gentle pulling it out. I placed a thin strip of foam padding under the piezo elements as discussed in the Stagg EUB megathread, but I didn't notice any change in sound doing this: Stagg EUB megathread

It otherwise is fully functional all round and bowable for arco. I will include a body rest I made as pictured below that I personally like better than the stock rest, but you'll need a crutch pad for it.

The gigbag it came with already had a small tear on the end for the endpin...its a tight fit. I put a piece of thin plastic cutting board material internal so the tear would not get any bigger. See photo.

$450, obo. Hoping first for a local sale, but I'll ship if you pay for it. Willing to consider trades.

Seems to be running around $699 new online: Stagg EDB-3/4RDLH Deluxe 3/4 Electric Double Bass in Honey
    Stagg 5.jpg
    Stagg 3.jpg Stogg 4.jpg Stagg 2.jpg Stagg 6.jpg Stagg 1.jpg 3587467-acca141ae0e630cedbeffcf2b8c73cdd.jpg

Last edited: May 14, 2019