SOLD Sterling Ray 35 $550 sh/pp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slivjakm, Mar 26, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Price:
    $600
    Strings:
    SOLD LOCALLY

For sale is my natural finish Sterling Ray 35 (Indonesia import). Weight is 10lbs, condition is excellent, no buckle rash, scratches or dings, typical pickguard wear from fingernails and such. As of today this is priced lower than any on Reverb so I won't be moving lower on price unless we do an in-person deal (I'm a little north of Philly). Comes with Gator case pictured or I can ship in a nice G&G plush case for an additional $50. Happy to answer any questions. Here's the standard description...

The Sterling RAY35 5-string bass guitar features a select solid swamp ash body for percussive lows, subtle mids, and expansive highs. Lightweight swamp ash brings out the nuances and clarity that MusicMan basses are known for. Combined with a MusicMan-designed active 3-band preamp you get all the tonal variations you could ever need. A single MusicMan Humbucking pickup has alnico pole pieces for classic warm tones. A 3-way switch lets you select both coils in series, in series with filter, and both coils parallel. The MusicMan-designed 6-bolt neck joint for all the Sterling RAY34 and 35 basses that are strong and stable with no shift in the neck pocket for superior tone transfer. The MusicMan-designed bridge uses a thick saddle for precise adjustments and stability. Precise slotting on each saddle guarantees no sideways movement on the bass strings during heavy playing.

Body: Swamp Ash
    Neck: Maple
    Neck Joint: 6-Bolt
    Fingerboard: Maple
    Pickups: Music Man Humbucking with alnico pole pieces
    Preamp: 3-band Active Preamp: Vol, Treble, Mid, Bass
    Bridge: MusicMan designed
    Tuners: Open Gear

IMG_0998.jpg

IMG_0999.jpg

IMG_1000.jpg

IMG_1001.jpg

IMG_1002.jpg

IMG_1003.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    G RICH 5 and dave64o like this.
  2. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    interested in a trade for a guitar? epi les paul std with case

3. Actually, I'm a guitar player (with way too many guitars) who plays bass once a month or so at church. Just downsizing my herd, so no, but thanks for reaching out!

4. BBKINGBASS

BBKINGBASS

Nov 13, 2009
    Philly
    Bump for a great seller

5. SALE FELL THROUGH- STILL AVAILABLE- PRICE REDUCED TO $550 SH/PP

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  6. Sold locally

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2022