1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  3. We are aware of an issue affecting search results for classifieds searches and advanced search functions.  Actively working on a fix, thanks for your patience!

For Sale/Trade String cleanout: Pirastro, TI, others

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by Dr. Love, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Dr. Love

Dr. Love

Nov 5, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Price:
    $25-60
    Time to purge the overflow of old strings. Most of these are used...well used, and I'm not sure of the amount of playtime on them. These will be a good match for the serial string experimenter who doesn't want to blow a bunch of cash on something they may not like.

Paypal is good, prices include shipping within the US.

Full sets:
    Pirastro Flat Chromesteel (FCS), full set plus an extra A: Uncut. E and one of the A silks are worn, the others look ok. $60.

TI Bel Cantos: Uncut. Silks are a bit frayed, but strings themselves are good. $60.

D'adarrio Zyex: Might be cut but still will work on a 3/4 string length. G string red spiral frayed off so I just removed it, the rest of the silk is intact. $60.

Pirastro Obligato: uncut. Some winding separation especially on the low strings, but still functional. $60.

Corelli (?): Silks are frayed a bit and these were cut. The D string especially looks short but might work on a standard scale. Might be better for a smaller instrument like a 5/8. $25.

Partial sets:
    TI Superflexible E and A. Small dent/kink in the E around G if i remember right, but it didn't seem to affect the sound or pitch. $25.

Superior Bassworks Ti-Core E and A. Nylon coated, metal wrapped, synthetic core built with slappers in mind. Nothing wrong with these, I just didn't like them. $25.

ec+Ad+ZxSruzJz2KrECxAg.jpg yGub3pRFTvykaWajNbnmwA.jpg PkJv0fezSo+fkNYg48Ktug.jpg NZpEaZUGTrKwdsQ0HoimlA.jpg URbuWy3sSLW3mWEtwRuDKA.jpg IKJWuC20SbCrhiNoJtr06g.jpg IDGH6MXzS6y%s+ppRzDIIg.jpg

2. SeayBass

SeayBass Supporting Member

pm'd obli's still around?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021