SOLD SUKOP Classic 5 - Spalted Red Maple, Insane Flame Maple Neck-Thru

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Mar 16, 2022.

1. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Sukop 5 (1).jpg Sukop 5 (6).jpg Sukop 5 (7).jpg Sukop 5 (2).jpg Sukop 5 (10).jpg Sukop 5 (3).jpg Sukop 5 (4).jpg Sukop 5 (5).jpg Sukop 5 (8).jpg Sukop 5 (9).jpg Sukop 5 (11).jpg

This Sukop Classic 5 is Used but in Very Good Condition. It has some player / thumb wear on the body by the bridge pickup, some very faint rub wear on the back belly contour and some nicks on the body edges.
    The back of the neck is super clean and smooth with no wear. The fingerboard was cleaned, the frets are in excellent condition (no grooves or flat spots). The bass was setup with new D'addario NYXL strings with low action (2mm on the B, 1.5mm on the G @ 12th fret) and proper intonation, truss rod and saddle screws all turn smoothly. A non-original hard case is included.

I recently confirmed the specs with Stephen Sukop but he was on vacation and couldn't get me a build date. This bass is a dream to play; it has one of the thinnest (front to back depth) necks I've encountered, even skinnier than most Ibanez Soundgears. I only wish it were a 34" scale; I definitely wouldn't be selling it if it was!
    • Model: Classic 5, Serial Number 309
    • Finish: Natural Satin
    • Body: Contoured, Spalted Red Flame Maple over Alder
    • Neck: 5-Piece AAA Flame Maple, Purpleheart, Maple Neck-Thru
    • Scale Length: 35" (889 mm)
    • Nut: Brass, 1.77" (44.9mm) - exact measurement with caliper
    • Fingerboard: Ebony, 10" (25.4cm) radius
    • Frets: 24 Medium
    • Bridge: Individual Brass, 19mm spacing
    • Tuners: Gotoh
    • Pickups: Bartolini Soapbar Humbuckers
    • Controls: Volume, Blend, Treble, Bass
    • Preamp: 2-Band Active (9V)
    • Origin: New Mexico, USA
    • Weight: 8 lbs, 12 oz.
    • Case: Non-original hardshell
    SELLING FOR $2400 + SHIPPING (International shipping is no problem, PM me for a quote).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
  2. ThumbyAche

ThumbyAche Gold Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Colorado
    I also wish this was 34" scale!

jtlee likes this.