1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Talkbass DIY 10" Practice Cab - Upgrades and Options!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by bherman, Dec 6, 2017.

1. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Price:
    $175-$300
    Some years ago, TB's own Duke LeJuene (owner of AudioKinesis) put up a very popular thread with instructions for a DIY 10" bass practice cabinet. Link is Www.talkbass.com/threads/low-cost-DIY-practice-coffeehouse-tweeter less-110-long.736360
    Many TBers built one (or more) of these great little cabs. I built one a few years back - as a practice cab and for small gigs. I added an upgraded speaker (an Eminence DeltaLite II, 250 watts at 8 ohms) as I wasn't happy with the BassLite s2010 that Duke specified with the original design. I also built a wood frame, steel mesh grill for the front. Cab has a Nuetrik speakon/1/4" combo jack. image. image. image. image.

A year or so ago, I had Studio Slips make a really nice padded bag with a pocket to hold a small amp and a few cords. I've been using it with a TC Electronic BH250 head and it makes a killer compact rig. I've used it for upright bass as well as electric for rehearsals and small gigs and it's been great - easy to carry and sounds great.

Well, GAS got the best of me and I've replaced it with a RevSound 28 cabinet, so it's become an expensive speaker stand. So I decided to put this up here and see if anyone is interested in buying it.

Several options: speaker cabinet and bag - $175 shipped to lower 48; speaker cab, bag, and TC Electronic head - $300 shipped to lower 48. Some room to negotiate on price, but not too much as shipping will eat into the prices (whole thing weighs about 28 lbs).

I'm including a few photos but am happy to provide more (and dimensions) if anyone is interested.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
    G RICH 5 and NigelD like this.
  2. Jones64

Jones64 Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Boulder CO
    Great guy and honest seller. I trust his opinions. GLWTS.

bherman likes this.