The Mediocre Bassist Club

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Adam Bomb, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Volker Kirstein

Volker Kirstein Blippy the Wonder Slug

Good morning everyone. Tea is steaming.

A chilly morn here at the ol' Imperial Palace. I actually slept through without a single visit to the tinkletorium. The kittys have inhaled their jelly packs, and are dispersed doing their kitty things.

Dip in chocolate and call me an Eskimo Pie. Democracy stumbles onward. It's over, except for the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the losers. It was nuclear, so fallout will fall for a while yet. Thank you to those of who voted, and [redacted] you to those that are eligible, but didn't.

Meanwhile, Rocket Boy keeps digging himself deeper and deeper. I continue to gleefully throw gasoline into my little corner. I know from my numbers that hardly any one sees, but so what? Fire! Fire!

On the Mastodon front, my flurgles are still bungbung*PHWEEEE!*, but whatever.

Basswise, I'm getting pretty tired of hearing the vocals on the Volcano Rider tunes. Hopefully, his tone is an artifact of being recorded on a portable cassette player or similar, and he actually sounds OK in person: it could be a dealbreaker otherwise.

Meanwhile, it's that time. Time to face the grind. I'm sure you know the story: it's time for Morning Glory.

Stay fresh, cheese bags!

LKTraz, RodRy, OtherLisa and 5 others like this.
  2. What had happened was........

LKTraz, markwrob and Volker Kirstein like this.
  3. The rhythm section and horns are relentless.

4. Back before I knew anything about this band, but had seen the name and logos, I'd never imagined it could be this.

Beauty.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  5. Have you never been.....

MELLOW?!!?

6. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    upload_2022-11-9_4-48-44.png

7. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Wednesday, the unofficial start of the weekend, gets off to a bad start:

upload_2022-11-9_4-50-4.png

LKTraz, 5StringBlues, joelns and 4 others like this.
  8. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Good news in history, November 9

upload_2022-11-9_4-53-2.png

108 years ago, Hedy Lamarr, the Hollywood megastar and telecommunications expert, was born. Lamarr is one of the most remarkable women of the 20th century, and has been described as one of the greatest actresses of all time. Alongside George Antheil, a musical composer, Lamarr developed a radio-wave guidance system that was hoped to allow Allied torpedoes to break through the Nazi’s radar jamming systems, but led to the invention of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth instead.

9. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Pyramid made of 20 tons of plastic from Nile river sparks plan to fund massive clean-ups

Pyramid Made of 20 Tons of Plastic From Nile River Sparks Plan to Fund Massive Clean-ups

upload_2022-11-9_4-56-38.png

A different sort of great pyramid was just erected in Egypt’s Western Desert, which rather than enshrining a pharaoh’s glory, draws attention to the issue of plastic pollution.
    Located, just outside Cairo, the immense structure took five days to build, weighs a whopping 20 tons, is taller than a three-story building, and is made using the equivalent of 1 million plastic water bottles collected from the Nile River.​

LKTraz, 5StringBlues, RodRy and 6 others like this.
  10. dadglasser

dadglasser

Oct 11, 2009
    Villagers celebrate reopening of local pub after 10 years raising 500K to buy it–halt its tear-down

Villagers Celebrate Reopening of Local Pub After 10 Years Raising 500K to Buy it–Halt its Tear-Down

upload_2022-11-9_5-0-50.png

Villagers are celebrating the reopening of their local pub after spending ten years raising 500K to buy it.

Locals have spent a decade fighting to save The Rising Sun from being converted by property developers into new homes.

The community group ‘Save Our Sun’ worked tirelessly with fundraisers and events to raise half the half million pounds to buy it, before beginning marathon renovation work themselves, as it had lain empty for a decade and fallen into disrepair.

11. Morrighan

Morrighan la Contessa Gold Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Happy good morning

20221103_094626.jpg

12. PDW30

PDW30

Jul 12, 2021
    England
    Inevitably, ...

5StringBlues and Volker Kirstein like this.
  13. PDW30

PDW30

Jul 12, 2021
    England
    "That's a horse and cart that's just overtaken us. Maybe you're right - we do need to get a new car."

14. gtmalone

gtmalone

Sep 30, 2015
    Allen, TX
    The proper meaning for twitter. :laugh:

LKTraz, Volker Kirstein and markwrob like this.
  15. mikeoso

mikeoso Acoustic Curmudgeon

Feb 14, 2014
    eastern Iowa
    Yup. And among my 70 birds are 14 of those

LKTraz, 5StringBlues, RodRy and 3 others like this.
  16. gtmalone

gtmalone

Sep 30, 2015
    Allen, TX
  17. gtmalone

gtmalone

Sep 30, 2015
    Allen, TX
    Were those the guys on Sesame Street singing "Confunction Junction"? :D

18. gtmalone

gtmalone

Sep 30, 2015
    Allen, TX
    That whole deal was disappointing. I was thinking about getting another BB75 in koa strung B-G when all that happened. It's the same guys running Kiesel but the product line up has changed quite a bit. I liked the BB because the string spacing on the five is the same as a four. The neck is relatively thin and contoured thinner on the treble side. Pretty easy to play for a wide neck. The artist endorsement didn't mean much since at the time I had never heard of Bunnel Brunel. Bunny left Carvin for ESP. The ESP bass looks pretty much the same and the same features as the Carvin.

LKTraz, 5StringBlues, RodRy and 2 others like this.
  19. gtmalone

gtmalone

Sep 30, 2015
    Allen, TX
    I've had D'Addario tapes on the PBass for about four years. They still have as much snap as new and feel the same. This bass is played pretty much daily. No experience with pressure wounds.

Speaking of which... The Carvins have been neglected for a while. They need to get back in rotation.