1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

No longer available Trace Elliot GP12/250SMX, 250 Watt Amp Really Nice

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Crnovak, May 20, 2017.

1. Crnovak

Crnovak Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Frisco, Texas
    Price:
    Selling my really really nice Trace Elliot GP12 250AhX amp.

This is a beaut. It has all that great Trace Elliot sound that you have heard about. The unit is blemish free, which is quite unusual. The case doesn't have any marring mark or rips. The feet are even together. All pots sound fine, the EQ has all knobs. The green not messed up. Not smoked around. Just really, really nice. This amp looks like it came out of the box. Ok some dust underneath the amp where the case space is..

I love this amp. First of all, it is unbelievably loud. 250 watts? Sounds like 2x times that or more. I have a 4/10 stack that I run the amp on, and I do not lift the output level above 3. I did one time and knocked the doorbell casing off the wall 30 feet away.

Why selling? It is a tone thing. Not the amp, it is perfect for a Trace. Nope its my collection. I have too much Brit sound in my collection and am needing a clean amp like a Demeter (purchased). To feed the beast, I need to sell one amp.

Anyway, Shipping to Conus will be $35.00 including insurance. I will pay the rest. Overseas will be at the Cost of USPS to wherever you may be. It is somewhat heavy, it would say about 30+ pounds. Please check my feedback, I pack well, ship fast and sell great gear.

Also, have the original vinyl case cover that will come with the unit.

PM me with questions. Thanks for looking
    Craig

TraceElFront. TraceElBack. TraceElSerial. TRElHadnle.

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    HeavyJazz, elkkid2 and kwdhsk like this.
  2. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    Man that"s really really nice.

3. I used to have one - yours is beautiful. Definitely have me thinking about a nostalgic purchase.

4. Wileee

Wileee

Jan 2, 2008
    VA
    A most excellent specimen! And the factory cover too?!

5. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    Great head here! I used to drive an Eden D210XLT with one. Killer setup for a Jazz bass.

6. Crnovak

Crnovak Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 8, 2012
    Frisco, Texas
    Off to Ebay
    THANKS FOR LOOKING