1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Trace Elliot V-Type tube bass preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by pbassnut, Jul 7, 2017.

1. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Price:
    Trace Elliot V-Type tube bass preamp for sale/trade (The only possible trades I would consider are for a USA made Gallien Krueger MB500 bass head or an Arkham Bullet bass preamp). Made in England during the golden era of Trace Elliot. This single rack space bass preamp is based on the 60's Fender Showman tone stack. Some call it "the poor man's Alembic F-1X". I've owned both and it compares very favorably to it and is actually better in some ways *, IMHO. Uses a pair of 12AX7 tubes. This low mileage bass preamp is in excellent physical condition, works as it should and sounds great.

$350/shipped/PayPal'd

* The ability to dial some distortion into the tone with its Gain/Master setup and a more versatile midrange control are the primary differentiators compared to the very highly regarded Alembic F-1X bass preamp.

IMG_1227.jpg IMG_1228.jpg IMG_1229.jpg

Last edited: Jul 13, 2017
  2. DevinWard369

DevinWard369

Apr 30, 2012
    Utah
    Gas for the car... or g.a.s. for the soul...
    Must resist..

Khronic likes this.
  3. rickdog

rickdog Gold Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Would someone please buy this... it's starting to give me GAS.... :laugh:

4. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Pm'ed

5. pbassnut

pbassnut Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Falls Church, VA
    Sold to diglo.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 5, 2020