1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Two Killer Gibson Basses for your Rick 4001

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by weekend warrior, Oct 1, 2017.

1. weekend warrior

weekend warrior Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2009
    Grayling,MI.
    Price:
    Strings:
    Ok, I'm going out on a limbe here but...Here goes.. I have two really nice Gibson Basses that I would trade for a 75 or prior Rick 4001. The first is a 2012 Gibson Non reverse T Bird w/60's style pickups. It comes with original pups and case. It KILLS! and has no issues. The 2nd is a 1977 Gibson L9 S or "Ripper" Bass. In rarer Ebony finish and ebony board. It has lived its entire life mere miles from where it was born in Kalamazoo mi. It was owned by a country player who played it in every bar and honky tonk around! Its got a lot of finish checking some lite paint ware and some tiny binks in it. This Bass is not beatup and was never abused!Just...loved. It wore flatwounds its entire life so has no fretware at all. The neck is laser straight and plays like butter. Its a very comfy neck and is not big at all. This Bass is untouched and original includes the original bridge cover.The case is a nice non original hardcase that fits the Bass like a glove. Its sounds and plays so good you will uncontrollably weep with joy when you play it! No joke! Its seriously a Beautiful player. Both of the Basses I'm offering are smoking Basses.Im looking for a nice earlier Rick. 75 on Back. Let me know if you have something out there I might be interested in. Thanks all

Attached Files:

scottm, Larry V, Instagator and 5 others like this.
  2. rodv66

rodv66 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Dude, those are two great Gibson basses

Larry V likes this.
  3. T-boneParish

T-boneParish Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2016
    Austin // Charlotte
    pm sent...

ghostinthemach likes this.
  4. Border

Border

Dec 31, 2010
    Spokane, Wa.
    Hey WW, came across this old thread. Did the trade go through? Do you still have, or are looking to sell the Ripper? Played one years ago and liked it. Thanks much.
    Border

5. rodv66

rodv66 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2016
    NJ
    Love both of these.

6. Alex Bass

Alex Bass Roy Batty Dreams

Apr 3, 2016
    1977 Interested?? 6204B006-8B12-4090-B678-0D0F0762856A.jpeg