SOLD TWO USA MADE BASSES- $1750 GETS 'EM both!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by More or Les, Feb 1, 2018.

1. More or Les

More or Les Inactive

Aug 14, 2014
    Long Island, NY
    Price:
    Strings:
    I'm "overbought" as it were, so I've got two basses in need of a new home. Will "link" the other one at the end of this message.

Sooooo....this cool, Cabernet Pearl w/maple board Big Al 4 string bass came to me from a Talk Bass purchase around 9 months ago. To my chagrin, the MM pickup was non-functional, and as the seller insisted there was nothing wrong (my tech confirmed with me that it was broken) I was left with having to find a replacement pick up, which I did, and WOW. BOOM. KAPOW. The bass opened up with a tad less "bite", and a ton more soul, smoothness, and warmth. Of course, it was a perfect fit, so NO holes or routing was necessary.

I decided (after thorough and tedious researching) on a KENT ARMSTRONG MM replacement "Slid in on an oily rag" (extra points if you can name the song that contains that line verbatim) and there was the tone monster I'd hoped it would be.

There are NO dings or scratches worth mentioning....I've just gone over the bass in detail, and it's close to showroom new!

An added bonus-TWO extra pick guards AND the original hard shell case will be included! I kinda "pirated" the following information about the bass...

Ernie Ball Music Man Big Al Bass with single humbucking pickup. Made in USA. Cabernet pearl finish with maple neck. The Big Al has a unique electronics package that offers unbeatable tonal flexibility. One button is series/parallel for the pickup. The other button is an active/passive switch. The knobs are: master volume, passive tone pot (passive mode only), stacked lo/hi mid (active only), stacked bass, treble (active only). You're basically getting Bongo electronics, plus the ability to go all passive in both series and parallel modes.

As far as trades, I won't be considering another bass..I've already exceeded my limit there! I will, however, consider a high-end bass head. Show me whatcha got.

The other bass I'm looking to move is this....

For Sale/Trade - GADOW CUSTOM 4 . ONE GREAT BASS, AMERICAN CRAFTED!

And of course you're welcome to them both for $1750!!

Attached Files:

• al3.jpg
      al3.jpg
      File size:
      673.8 KB
      Views:
    • al4.jpg
      al4.jpg
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • al5.jpg
      al5.jpg
      File size:
      966.6 KB
      Views:
    • al6.jpg
      al6.jpg
      File size:
      871.2 KB
      Views:
    • al7.jpg
      al7.jpg
      File size:
      750.8 KB
      Views:
    • al1.jpg
      al1.jpg
      File size:
      1.3 MB
      Views:
    • al2.jpg
      al2.jpg
      File size:
      1,016.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  2. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    Looks like a very fine sportscar...love it!

More or Les likes this.
  3. jazzyitalian

jazzyitalian Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Minneapolis, MN
    Lawyer and Hobbist Bass Maker
    Check out your mind.....

Here's something that you never had
    It's slid in on an oily rag
    The price is right up on the tag
    I'll put it in a brand new bag

AnthonyD23 likes this.