1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD US Lakland 55-94 Deluxe

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Rocky55, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Rocky55

Rocky55 Supporting Member

Price:
    Strings:
    This was my first high end bass and never thought I would sell it. It is one of the nicest cherryburst I have seen and definitely the nicest (and fast) neck I have ever played. I bought it in '99 (built around that time) and it was my main player for 10 years. It has been on countless shows and has the road scars to prove it (mainly on the bottom when sitting on a stand). There are zero dead spots. I have only had to adjust the truss rod once in all this time, which says a lot living in Ottawa, Canada and where it has experienced extreme heat and extreme cold conditions. I had Dan Lakin upgrade the Bartolini pups and pre around 2005 as they were too dark for my taste. The Lakland pups and pre are perfect. I can actually boost the low end without introducing mud and treble without hiss.

In 2009, I bought a Sadowsky which mainly became my main player. However, I re-discovered the Lakland a few years ago and have been alternating the two since 2015. I made the mistake of trying out a Dingwall Super J and a Super P and decided that since it had been 10 years since I got a new bass, it was time for a change. The Sadowsky is as good as sold, and I was planned on keeping the Lakland, but a few rare Dingwalls are popping up and I decided to make the jump. I will likely own another Lakland and Sadowsky at some point, but for now, I can't keep them all (roof needs replacing next month).

So here it is, a 100% functional, amazing sounding and playing bass. Birdseye maple neck, cherryburst, quilted maple top, Lakland pre and pups. No charge for the dings/scars.

The only trade I would consider would be a Dingwall Super J5 or Super P5 (or PJ/JP). Comes with OHSC and/or Lakland gigbag.

Would prefer a local sale (Ottawa, ON) but would consider shipping.

Thanks for looking!
    Rocky
    Lakland4.jpg Lakland2.jpg Lakland4.jpg Lakland5.jpg Lakland6.jpg Lakland7.jpg Lakland9.jpg Lakland1.jpg

TolerancEJ, bassplayer75 and Fred312b like this.
  2. very beautiful...except for the rat munches on the bottom...bet it sounds sick...and me with no cash thanks to Uncle Sam

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021