1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

VINTAGE EARLY '70'S MOSRITE BASS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by larrymangum, May 10, 2012.

1. larrymangum

larrymangum

Apr 17, 2012
    Up for sale is an early '70's Mosrite Electric Bass guitar and heavy vinal gig bag! It's just like the Ventures model from the '60's but does not have "Ventures" on the head stock. The serial # at the bottom of the fret board is B 0401 as seen in the pictures. Condition is as close tp perfect as you'll find for this age instrument. It has one touched up ding in the black on lower edge and a very tiny touch up in the black on the head stock. Overall excellent. All electronics are original and in great working condition. No structural damage, mods or repairs. Body: Double cutaway, solid -body "German -carve" design, finished in three tone sunburst. Fully adjustable individual-saddle bridge with cover, wood-metal tailpiece, white /black pick guard. Neck: 30" scale length, bound maple neck with black side-dot markers. Rosewood fingerboard with micro dot inlay. Frets are in great shape with no wear, zero fret, metal nut-1 9/16" width. Headstock features original Mosrite closed-gear tuning machines with "Mosrite of California, U.S.A. by Semie Mosely" Offers and trades for high end guitars of equal or greater value will be considered. Weight 8 lbs, 1.5OZ. New round wound strings and Kases III gig bag. Thanks email for pictures :larrymangum@comcast.net $1500.00

Attached Files:

2. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    SE MA USA
    Wow. That's a nice price on a very pretty instrument. I wish I could, but the finances won't stretch. Good luck with your sale.

3. THORRR

THORRR Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Parker, Colorado
    I was around back then when these came out and if my
    memory serves me, "The Ventures" model designation
    came out after the original was out for a year or two.

That would make this one of the originals. Excellent!

Bump for a really coool bass - Good luck with the sale.

:hyper::bassist:

4. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    The Ventures "deal" with Mosrite ended in 1967. Semie continued making the near identical guitar through approximately 1972 with no "The Ventures" on the headstock since that deal had ended. The B 0401 serial puts this one at approximately 1972, when "by Semie Mosely" appeared on the headstock.

Beautiful Mosrite larrymangum. I wish my '72 were as nice. :cool:

5. Flinsky

Flinsky

Nov 18, 2012
    Looks great. Is it still available? I am very interested.