1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

TRADED Walnut USA Peavey Cirrus 6

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    I have owned 3 Cirri. The others are gone. I need to streamline my gear. This was my main squeeze for the better part of a year. I got it originally to have fun noodling at home. But it plays so well it became my main axe for a long while. The quality is top shelf for any price range. There is simply not a bass I have played that has higher quality.

The gold hardware is all in great shape, with no corrosion. I did replace the original corroded strap buttons with new gold dunlops. I'll include the gold strap side locks as well. The hardshell case is immaculate. The control pots are clean and have no issues. Has a smooth oil finish. The only mark is a very small one shown in the pics north of the neck pickup. The battery was replaced around thanksgiving 2017 and probably plugged in 20 hours total since. The neck is as stable as I have ever experienced, and fretwork is superb with little wear, and the action is very low with no buzz. This thing almost plays itself. The nut width is an easy 2 inches.

The ONLY reason I am putting it up for sale is, I don't need that Ken Smith type modern midrange forward tone for any projects I am doing, and i instead gravitate to the P's and j's. And I need a few other things. I'm also heavy on 6ers and need to get a couple more 5's.

Here is what I would trade for plus or minus cash:
    Bergantino B/Amp
    Valenti
    Sandberg
    Marusczcyk
    Maybe the right P bass
    20180723_194000.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
  2. Chuck M

Chuck M Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    San Antonio, Texas
    That is the fairly rare Wenge top. I own its twin and it is a fantastic bass.

Timmy-Watts likes this.
  3. fritzk9

fritzk9 Supporting Member

May 11, 2005
    Indianapolis, IN
    Beauty! Do you know what she weighs or the string spacing (16.5mm)?