SOLD Yamaha TRB 5P2 and G&L JB5 Nice basses!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jon5252, Mar 31, 2018.

1. jon5252

jon5252 Gold Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    Price:
    Strings:
    Thank you for looking at two fine basses I am offering for sale. I have my eye on another bass and I need to make some room for it in order to retain peace at home. The Yamaha was their flag ship model at the time it was made, and I have seen other TBer's here compare the build quality of these with Alembic. This is a neck thru, 35" scale with an ebony board. Flame maple top, 4 piece neck with two Yamaha soap bars and piezo bridge.
    I bought this bass about three years ago off Ebay. The owner represented the bass as flawless and it was far from it when it arrived. If you will look closely you will see on the back of the bass many tiny pock marks about the size of a BB where the finish was penetrated. The last one you can see on the picture of the back of the neck in the dark stripe on the right, none on the back of the fingerboard. There is also some fine scratching on the front from finger nails and a ding on the head stock which I have pictured. The flaws on the back are small- you have do look at it in the right light to even see them, but they are there. All cosmetic, nothing affects playability. I have had the frets professionally dressed- the bass plays incredible with light fast action and the rest of the bass performs as advertised. This is a great modern sounding bass with a great deal of tonal flexibility. If Yamaha made a new one of these I would own one now. Ships in a Yamaha gig bag.
    Send offering is a G&L JB5 I purchased about a year ago after seeing all the press when these hit the market. Pretty hard to beat this if you are interested in a J style passive 5 string. Maple fingerboard and is finished in Himalayan Blue. The plastic covering is still on the pick guard. There is only one small ding, about the size of a pencil lead on the bottom edge of the bass- other than that is is pretty much perfect. Ships in the new G&L hard case it came in that looks like it has never been used. This bass is priced at $850.00
    Both prices include insured UPS Shipping to anywhere in the continental US. Not wild about shipping overseas, but will consider if we make arrangements on the cost. Please feel free to reach out if you have questions or would like additional photos of some specific item. I try to be very accurate in my descriptions. Have only sold a few basses here on TB but have sold dozens of high end instruments on eBay- my ID there is jazz5252 and you are welcome to review my feed back, zero unhappy customers. IMG_2089.jpg IMG_2091.jpg IMG_2093.jpg IMG_2096.jpg IMG_2100.jpg IMG_2092.jpg IMG_2101.jpg IMG_2104.jpg IMG_2108.jpg IMG_2110.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Beautiful basses! I'd suggest cleaning up the layout of the text in the post and actually splitting this into 2 posts. I think you'll get way more attention on these beauties. Also, a full picture of the G&L would be sweet! GLWTS

3. robthebassplaye

robthebassplaye The World Needs More Bass Players - Start Early !! Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2010
    chicago
    Beautiful basses !!!!

4. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    This was a quick decision to put these on- great advice! Thank You!

5. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    G& L JB5 is sold awaiting payment.

6. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    JB5 is sold!

7. jon5252

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    New Price on the Yamaha! Shipping the G&L today. As far as trade- interested in a Jazz style 5 string with 35" scale- Lull , Sadowsky Metro, Elrick NJS and will throw in some cash to make it work. Thanks!

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 28, 2022