Male, from California
- arrowsun was last seen:
- Apr 20, 2018 at 11:58 AM
- Current Setup:
Basses: Dingwall custom exotic Z3 & Super J 5 strings, Dingwall AB II bubinga/mahogany/wenge 6 string, NG2 5 string retrofitted with FretTrax,
Clement Fretless; 1981 G&L 2000 (original owner), Shen Upright
Greenboy F112 x2 & 15sub cabinets
Bergantino Forte (amp)
Thunderfunk 750A (amp)
Lots of pedals - including a Future Impact, Cog Effects T-16 (T-65 on the way), Brougton Audio Josh Wah, Brought Audio Germanium Bass Box (fuzz), Micro-tron III, and a Meris Polymoon.
- Favorite Genres:
- Funk, Fusion, Jazz, R&B, Blues, Classical
- Previously Owned Gear:
- This would be a novel, if I could even remember, which I can't
- G.A.S. List:
- Nothing particular at the moment. But I'm always looking at new pedals.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Paul Jackson, Louis Johnson, Stanley Clarke, Bootsy Collins, Marcus Miller, Mike Burnett (Cameo), Tyrone Brunson, Rocco Prestia, Alphonso Johnson, Meshell Ndegeocello, Joe Zawinul, Wayne Shorter, Miles Davis, Bella Bartok, Samuel Barber, Peter Gabriel, Debussy, Mozart, Nusrat Fata Ali Khan, Henryk Gorecki, Martin Heidegger, The Transcendence of the Ego, by JP Sartre, 2001 Space Odyssey, Arthur C Clarke, Stanley Kubrick, Buddhism, George Carlin, the Sun.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Cycling, philosophy, trying to figure out how something can come from nothing.
- Available for Instruction?:
- Bass Guitar Instruction
Some things I've learned along the way:
- Teaching Credentials:
- Self-taught University
-You can't teach groove. You are born with it or you are not. And its by far the most important component of being a good bass player.
-Formal education is highly overrated (I have a doctorate degree).
-I play far fewer notes now than I did in my 20s. And that's a good thing.
-Institutionalized "education" is a form of bureaucracy, and both are the enemies of critical thinking and creativity.
- There is no demarcation between "right" and "wrong" in the Trump brain. His compass knows only two headings: "winning" and "losing." And truth is immaterial to both.
- The is no fountain of youth - but regular high intensity exercise is close.
That is all for now...