- Last Activity:
- May 20, 2022 at 4:28 PM
- Nov 12, 2007
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Male, from Indianapolis
- gcbake was last seen:
- May 20, 2022 at 4:28 PM
- August 15
- Home Page:
- Current Setup:
- 1963 Fender L-series P-Bass, 1960 Fender P-Bass, 1956 P-Bass with Early 70's Jazz Neck, 2015 G&L style shop built L-2000 Medium Scale Warmoth, 2019 P-J shop built Medium Scale P/J Warmoth, John Kallas refinished 1985 A-Series Fender Squier P-Bass (Japan), 1987 Fender Squier E-series P-Bass (Japan), 2015 Overwater SDJ series J-Bass, 1993 Modulus Quantum-5, Early 1970's Japan Beatle Bass, Kala U-Bass (spruce top), plus many many more...
- Favorite Genres:
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- Currently Groove Essential, Rhonda and Greg, Soulshine. I have toured or performed with: The Carl Storie Band, Henry Lee Summer, The Why Store, Tad Robinson, Jimmy Ryser.
- Previously Owned Gear:
- I have been a professional musician since 1989 and have owned tons of basses and a few amps.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Anthony Vitti, James Jamerson, Will Lee, T-Bone Wolk, Pino, Victor, Pat Duff, Sting, Paul, or any bass player that grooves.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Education, Vintage Airstream
- Former Ampeg Regional Touring Artist, Currently Playing Overwater Basses
Greg started playing guitar as a teenager and moved to bass guitar when he and his twin brother started their first band.
- Teaching Credentials:
- Berklee College of Music, Professional Certificate Bass Guitar; Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University, MSMT; Indiana University , B.S. Education
In the 90’s Greg was a member of the band "Pod" who (shepherded by Eric Brittingham, bassist the for the band Cinderella) was signed to Columbia records by the legendary record executive John Kalodner. Subsequently, Pod became the opener for acts such as, "Cinderella", "Wasted", and "Tesla". During that time period, Greg also spent two years endorsed by Ampeg as a Regional Touring Artist.
Since then Greg has played bass for several National recording artists including "Henry Lee Summer", "Carl Storie" of the"Faith Band" "The Why Store", Jimmy Ryser, and Tad Robinson as well as with many notable and legendary Indianapolis musicians such as Troye Kinnett, keyboardist for Rock & Roll hall of famer "John Mellencamp", Benito Dibartoli, guitarist for the rock legend "Eddie Money", and Doug Henthorn singer for "Joe Bonamasa's" hit song "Tea for One", Gordon Bonham, Geen Deer, and Paul Holdman. During his career, Greg has played bass on numerous recording projects and jingles at several Indianapolis studios including TRC, September, The Lodge, and Static Shack, owned by Tom Griswald of the nationally syndicated morning radio program, "The Bob and Tom Show". In 2007 Greg earned his Master of Science degree in Music Technology (MSMT) from the Jacobs School of Music at Indiana University-Indianapolis, in 2009 the Computer Educator License for Teachers (CEL-T) from the Graduate School of Instructional Systems Technology at Indiana University-Bloomington, and in 2003 a Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education from Indiana University-Bloomington. While at Indiana University Greg studied jazz improvisation with legendary jazz performer, educator, and composer David Baker. In 2003 Greg was an"Outstanding Future Educator Award" nominee for Indiana University's School of Education for the Indiana Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (IACTE).
Recently, Greg has gone back to his roots for his creative muse, writing and performing on acoustic and electric guitar, double and electric bass, and banjo. His new project, "rhonda and greg" has produced two highly acclaimed records, "Peace" and "Treasures", and can be found on CD Baby, rhapsody, and iTunes as well as most sites that distribute digital content. His funk & R&B horn band "SoulShine" (the self-titled album SoulShine) has been a top editors pick on CD Baby for several years and his music composition, "Soul Sister", was awarded Honorable Mention in the 18th annual Billboard Songwriting Contest.
Greg currently plays Overwater Basses
Signature1963 Fender L-series P-Bass, 1960 Fender P-Bass, 1956 P-Bass with Early 70's Jazz Neck, 2015 G&L style shop built L-2000 Medium Scale Warmoth, 2019 P-J shop built Medium Scale P/J Warmoth, John Kallas refinished 1985 A-Series Fender Squier P-Bass (Japan), 1987 Fender Squier E-series P-Bass (Japan), 2015 Overwater SDJ series J-Bass, 1993 Modulus Quantum-5, Early 1970's Japan Beatle Bass, Kala U-Bass (spruce top), plus many many more...