- Boston, MA
Male, from Boston, MA
- mattyb5000 was last seen:
- Sep 21, 2017
- Boston, MA
- Current Setup:
- My primary axe is a Spector Euro 5LX which I play through a Little Mark Tube 800 via a pair of 4x10 and 1x15 Mark Bass cabs. Aside from a chromatic tuner, my pedals include: Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion, Soundblox Pro Bass Envelope Filter, Boss Super Octave OC-3, and Boss DD-3 Digital Delay.
- Favorite Genres:
- Rock, jam bands, jazz, latin
- Gigs and Ensembles:
- None at the moment!
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Yamaha RBX 350 was my first bass. I played a 4-string Ibanez BTB 500 until I fell in love with Spector basses about 4 years ago. Sadly, both basses have been sold although I loved playing both of them.
- G.A.S. List:
- One of each style of Spector's USA series basses; a vintage early 60s Fender J-Bass, a 1960, '61, or '64 Fender custom shop J-Bass reissue. Vintage early 70s Amped SVT amp w/810e cab.
- Influences and Teachers:
- Studied with Rick McLaughlin (New England Conservatory), and influenced by Paul McCartney, Oteil Burbidge, Mike Gordon, and Phil Lesh among many others.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Vegetable gardening, baseball, and food (both cooking it and eating it!)
SignatureSPECTOR® Owners Club #443, NS-5XL #371 Greyburst, Euro 5LX Black Cherry
Fender® Jazz Bass Club #1331: Fender American Vintage '62 Jazz Bass