Share This Page
Male, from Pennsylvania, USA
Circling the drain since 1975. Jun 15, 2019
- Scott Loveless was last seen:
- Nov 28, 2020 at 8:01 AM
- Home Page:
- Pennsylvania, USA
- Application support in public education
- Current Setup:
- MIA G&L Kiloton, MIA Washburn XB-900, Squier VM Fretless Jazz, GK 400RB-iv 210 combo.
- Favorite Genres:
- Right now, it's Motown and Muscle Shoals. Throw in some fusion and a little roots rock and country (but not the country you'd hear on the radio).
- Previously Owned Gear:
- Rickenbacker 3001, Samick 5-string, American Jazz Bass Plus (with the Lace Sensors and active electronics, purchased new in 92), American Standard Jazz (purchased new in 98 or 99), Fender Bassman 50 head (purchased for $25 in the early 90s, on permanent loan to a high school buddy).
- G.A.S. List:
- I'd like a p-bass, and am currently considering one of the new Fullerton Standard LB-100 basses from G&L. More speakers. I've always wanted a Stingray. Peavey Palaedium.
- Influences and Teachers:
Richard Elder. Rich was 1st chair tuba with the 399th Army Band when I was in high school. He also played electric bass and double bass. I took lessons from him for a few years. He retired from the Army around the time I graduated and I lost track of him after that. He'd be around 70 now, give or take, and if anyone knows of his whereabouts, I'd be interested in talking.
John Knox. John was a guitar teacher at Woolf Music in Rolla, MO. I took lessons from him during high school. Truly a gifted teacher! I believe he's involved in church music somewhere in Alabama these days.
Influences you may have heard of (in no particular order): Jeff Berlin, Joe Osborne, David Hood, Michael Anthony, Rufus Reid, Gary Willis, Mark Egan.
- Hobbies and Interests:
- Bicycles, photography, gritty sci-fi TV shows and movies.
G&L Kiloton - G&L LB-100 - Peavey Foundation - Frankenstein Fretless - GK 400RB-iv 210 - no talent
U.S. Peavey Club #436