1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 01 Warwick LTD 150 made Thumb bass

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dredmahawkus, Oct 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Since I traded for this new bass last week she told me if she was going to be the one that I had to get rid of all my other flings. So I am buckling down and sticking to one girl! Therefor another one of my I would never sell basses is up for sale! 01 LTD Thumb bass. anyone who has played this knows what a special bass these are. ovankol back bubinga top maple inbetween ovankol neck with an ebony fretboard. these play so nice! has great attack and sustain and growl! Now I know this does not matter much but I bought this from the original owner who was a studio musician in LA. He told me this bass was on Natalie Cole Outkast and some other groups I never heard of. Theres a hair of a crack or scratch near the neck pocket but it does not effect the playing. theres a little bit of fretwear but all of these with brass frets have that...brass is soft. I just bought a vintage gator case for it and bought some pillow stuffing/sponge at the craft store and cut out the shape so it does not move in the case.New set of circle K strings on it med/low tension and schaller buttons. 1200 shipped conus. heres a video of me playing it so you can hear it. Only trade I want is a 74 or 75 AVRI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMNLiF2dfe8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRI10awFDac

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I don't know I have been playing this bass today and really is a special bass. it feels like a $5000 bass! I might have to keep this one. some reason when you fret this bass you make no finger noise and it plays like butter and sounds amazing!

3. jfdamiani

jfdamiani

Mar 28, 2011
    Hi, my name is Juan from Argentina, would you send it to my country?

BTW the bass is really beautifull, what happend with that crack??
    Thx!

4. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I don;t know I bought it and was told it was mint and it came like that! I was going to send it back but it played so nice....I dont think I ever played a bass that played that nice....so I kept it....since theres only 150 that exist in the world I didnt think I would find another!

5. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I would rather not ship to another country. I dont know the ins and outs and nothing against you but a 0 rating and shipping to another country just sounds like me taking one in the bum!

6. greggster59

greggster59

Oct 31, 2006
    New Jersey
    That's a nice Thumb. I have one of the 200 Guitar Center Limited from the same year. Esssentially the same bass and I concur. Tone monsters with addictive playability.

Keep it if you can.:bassist:

7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    yeah I might....I am surprised its still here!

8. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I actually had a neck through in my possession for a bit and preferred the LTD! theres something about it

9. jfdamiani

jfdamiani

Mar 28, 2011
    Hmm. its okey... thx anyway. I know it is an uncomon thing ship something here, but well.. i would love to have that bass for the rest of my life.. I can pay u 1100 and pay al the shipping dutys, i think only the shipping will cost like $500... god damn.. why do i live so far! -.-"

Good Luck with the sale :)
    Juan.

10. mikenel169

mikenel169

Sep 25, 2011
    RI
    GLWTS, always wanted one of these, hope the Mesa is treatin ya good, I miss that everyday!

11. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Thanks man yeah these basses are wonderful....I really dont want to sell it but not working so have to sell something!
    I love that mesa use it everyday! using it right now!

12. kshipley1

kshipley1 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Knoxville
    What does this beauty weigh? and, I assume the crack at the neck pocket is a crack, even superficially, in the wood?

13. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    well these dont have paint or finish on them, just oil....so I guess that would mean its in the wood!

I dont have a scale but I would say its about 9.5-10...it weighs about the same as my 2012 deluxe jazz....its not light like a P bass...its pretty solid and heavy..

Its a player! Thats why its on here for 1200....if it were mint I would be asking closer to 3600 what it cost new. still plays perfect.....a good chance for someone to try an expensive warwick LTD at a third the cost.

It really plays nice I am playing it now....I am just selling all my active basses....I decided I really hate the sound of active....yet this thumb sounds better then my 2012 deluxe jazz bass that I am going to put up for sale next....only reason I havent is I dont want to break up the fender collection yet!

14. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    ttt

15. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    ttt

16. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus