Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

<$100 CAD dedicated DI boxes

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Aaron Saunders, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I've had some cash come my way (birthday) and a little bit more coming (Christmas), and I really want to buy a dedicated (not a Sansamp BDDI, no EQ, just a DI) box for recording and live use. Something very road worthy, as noiseless as possibile, and compact enough that I can toss it in my gigbag. Any reccomendations?

2. riotboi911

riotboi911

Dec 18, 2004
    just google and try ebay.

but on a side note.

YOUR FROM POP STAR AVRIL LAVIGNES HOME TOWN! lol sorry i just had to do that :hyper:

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

The Countryman is always a fair choice.

Rapco also makes a knock-off version, but I forget the name. I've had my Rapco version for several years, and it was years old when I got it. It's probably 15 years old, and worked great until it got abused at a festival last year.

4. Droog

Droog

Aug 14, 2003
    PDX
    Yeah, Countryman Type 85 +1

Whirlwind Hot Box is decent too.

The Radial stuff is good too, JD48 and the JDI

5. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I always carry around an Apex ADI-1 (Yorkville) just in case...it's about $40 or so. The active version is more expensive. I think Yorkville also still has YDIs available as well. Good rugged boxes, definitely in the price range you're looking at.