1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

15 & 210 vs 18 & 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AusExp, Aug 9, 2012.

1. AusExp

AusExp

Mar 28, 2012
    I currently have an Eden 118 cab and I have ordered a 210 cab to sit on top. I was just at my dealer and they have a new Eden 115 cab....question is this would I be losing a lot of bottom end and sound by changing to the Eden 115 vs 118? Keeping in mind that I will have the 210 sitting on top of either.......

2. the only way to know is to try it

3. Considering they are probably all full range cabinets, the 210 has just as much probability of being the lowest tuned cabinet as either of the cabs with larger drivers.

If you find you dont care for the 210+118, try doubling up on the 210's.

4. wideload

wideload

Apr 15, 2004
    Salinas, CA
    Bi-amp them and you will have a strong (albeit 1980's) rig. But you need a head with a crossover plus a power amp channel, or a preamp, crossover and stereo power amp to pull it off right. My 18+2x10 Peavey rig from the old days was clear and loud, crossed at 300 HZ.

5. Speaker size doesn't determine how much low end a cab will produce. The number of variables that determine response of a cab can be pretty mind blowing.

There are 12's that put out more low end than a 15, and 15's that put out more low end than a 18. It depends on the cab. Only way to know would be to look up the specs of each cab. Though a lot will say pairing two cabs with different speakers, 2x10+1x18, could result in problems such as phasing issues. Really the only way to know is to try it out.

6. The OP is asking just about Eden cabinets. ;)

7. +1. this is good