SOLD 1966 Ampeg B-15N Portaflex local pickup only.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Todd Larson, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Todd Larson

Todd Larson Supporting Member

Price:
    $2100.00
    United States
    tempImageCiYHnm.png [/QUOTE]s/n 041086, very good condition. Highly sought after studio amp - see Reverb for current prices. I'm asking quite a bit less as I can't afford to store this any longer, and it needs a good home.

Will be selling October 15-17, local pickup only in Minneapolis, MN.
    At $2100 - a bargain. You know what these are worth, especially in good working condition!

Blue check vinyl covering, upgraded JBL M31-4 speaker (newer version of the famed D-130, perfectly matched to the Ampeg sound. Original dolly, and rare kick-back aluminum post. Has vintage Fender handle on underside of amp chassis, but these are easily replaced if you are doing a complete restoration.

Serviced in 2013 with new 3-prong power cord, transformer work, and some Sylvania NOS tubes. Retains several Ampeg branded tubes. It's been in climate controlled storage for the last 7 years.

Tested on 08/05/21: light up plexiglass logo works! Sounds awesome, as you would expect. Strong tones, loud, no unexpected noise or scratchy pots.

Venmo, Paypal only.

2. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I'm in if you'll ship.

57pbass likes this.
  3. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Bayside, New York
    I sold one a few years ago and shipped it in two separate boxes. The head and the cab. I was able to wrap the head very securely.

4. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    I’ve shipped a handful of them too.
    Tubes wrapped individually in the cab. Lots of bubble and protection. All good.

57pbass likes this.
  5. Todd Larson

Apologies, I’m not in a position to ship at this time. I’ll only be in Minneapolis for a few days to visit family (Dad’s 90th birthday!) and won’t have the bandwidth. If it doesn’t sell then, I’ll repost and perhaps be able to deal with shipping. Thanks for your interest!

TheDialog likes this.
  6. TheDialog

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Sent you a PM.

7. Todd Larson

Just replied via DM as well. Going into airplane mode now…

8. pbass2go

pbass2go

Dec 19, 2004
    Apple Valley, MN
    PM Sent

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022