1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD 1975 Carl Thompson $3600

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BawanaRik, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    What can I say? It's a great bass but I need money. 2 octave plus a forth neck. It goes up to a C. Ebony board. Set neck. Non-original Hardshell case. I don't have the original brass piece that the strings originally ran through. The bridge operates fine with out it. I'm not sure if the bridge is original but pretty much every CT I've seen from the era has the same BA.

I would prefer a face to face cash and carry deal. This is probably the cheapest 1970s Carl Thompson you'll see. Grab this. You'll be glad you did.

Attached Files:

2. Could you show us some higher resolution pictures?

3. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I only have the one camera and that's the pics that it takes. Feel free to drop by if you're serious and actually play it. See it in real time.

4. bent

bent

Mar 7, 2004
    Green Bay, WI
    That would be quite a trek for someone from Korea...

5. seang15

seang15

Aug 28, 2008
    Cary NC
    Might be worth the trip

6. bubinga5

bubinga5

Jun 6, 2006
    cheltenham(UK)
    i think he meant he would like to be able to see the bass more close up, which your attached images dont alow.. you should really get some close up pics of every angle of the CT... $3600 is alot to spend if you cant see the bass properly..

7. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    $3600 is a lot to pay for a bass you haven't played. One of the many reasons I would like to do a local cash deal.

I have more pics but TB , last I checked allowed two pics. I don't know how some get more but I'll see what I can do.

8. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Carl has one one his website and I think it's going for 5.5K. I may be wrong. So yeah it just might be worth it.

9. Selloutrr

Selloutrr

Feb 1, 2013
    Oklahoma city
    I am interested in purchasing the bass.
    PM me for my email. Your contact is shut off
    I would like to see more pics.
    Thank you

10. Kenthor

Kenthor

Apr 15, 2012
    New Jersey
    Where in jersey? I'm here too

11. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    I'm in Rockaway. The last guy I knew with a handle like this was Ken Regula. You him?

I mere minutes for rt 80 exit 37. Probably less if you get every light, it's less than a mile.

Thanks for your interest.

12. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Price drop bump. How does $3200 sound. I'm really looking for a local deal. I would want to actually play any bass I was shelling out 3K plus for.

I'm hoping this functions as bump. How about if I threaten to list it on Craigs? Or worse yet how about the bay?

13. ursusaltered

ursusaltered Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Madison WI
    I just forked out over twice that on a custom fodera that I have never played. I think if you opened up your add to allow shipping, the bass would have been sold ages ago. Just an opinion.

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.